Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Wtf is wrong with him??

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM
  • 12 Replies
So my son's dad texted me saying his friend got locked up and he's sad and feels bad. So I told him "why can't you feel this bad about giving up on your family?" and I told him when Dominic grows up and decides to resent him, he'll have to blame himself since he's the one who ran off and won't even see his son.

This asshole starts blaming me and telling me it was my fault he's not around. How is it my fault he chose gang banging over his family? How is it my fault that he made excuses every time he skipped on seeing Dominic? How is it my fault he ran off to be with his friends? I'm so tired of this.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashbeth1978
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Hunny he sounds like an immature jacka**. Who is figuring out what he lost & missing it but doesn't want to admit it. He also will never most likely take any of the blame for abandoning you & his son. The thing is you can't continue to let him control you by letting him get to you & upsetting you like this. It's very hard to let something like this go but I've been there with my oldest 2 kids dad he chose to break up our family & be with someone else & hardly ever saw our son because of the way the woman felt about the situation. I let my feelings go twards him & made it a point for them to spend time together & remained friends with him & I'm glad I did because he was killed in a car wreck almost 3 years ago now. My youngest sons dad I am friends with also even after him wanting a divorce out of the blue after being married for 10 years. I refused to let anyone have control of my emotions or my kids see me getting upset over things I can not control. As your son gets older he will see his dad for exactly the type of person he is. You just have to think about what you are showing him about the type of person you are now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Couldnt have said it better myself! :) Also..he sounds manipulative. Run the other way. You dont need that crap. You and your son deserve SO MUCH MORE.

Quoting Ashbeth1978:

Hunny he sounds like an immature jacka**. Who is figuring out what he lost & missing it but doesn't want to admit it. He also will never most likely take any of the blame for abandoning you & his son. The thing is you can't continue to let him control you by letting him get to you & upsetting you like this. It's very hard to let something like this go but I've been there with my oldest 2 kids dad he chose to break up our family & be with someone else & hardly ever saw our son because of the way the woman felt about the situation. I let my feelings go twards him & made it a point for them to spend time together & remained friends with him & I'm glad I did because he was killed in a car wreck almost 3 years ago now. My youngest sons dad I am friends with also even after him wanting a divorce out of the blue after being married for 10 years. I refused to let anyone have control of my emotions or my kids see me getting upset over things I can not control. As your son gets older he will see his dad for exactly the type of person he is. You just have to think about what you are showing him about the type of person you are now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:45 AM
You should tell him if you had control over his decisions you obviously wouldn't chose that shit and then don't answer. And if he complains about his bs I say ignore it. You don't need that shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicahBoo07
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like he wants a pitty party well tell him to go to one of his friends he chose over u two. He keeps coming back to u because u let him talk to u and u respond. Just ignore him and keep ur baby safe.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Your ex is a jerk.  He's made decisions in his life that he knows aren't the way to go.  He will lose out on a wonderful woman and son because he can't get his crap together.  Ignore him and move on.  Guys like him aren't worth the pain and misery you put yourself through on a daily basis.  Look at your son and know he's has a great mommy who truly cares for his well being.  That's all that matters now.  Forget about the BD.  You have a wonderful live ahead of you. 

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Sounds to me like nothing is wrong with him. he sounds like a jerk.

But you sound angry and resentful.

You shouldn't have answered thr text. you should have left the situation alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Why you even paying him any mind? Let him grow up and take responsibility for his own actions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

You're gonna have to learn to get rid of that bitterness...it'll only make you crazy. When he texts you something stupid and irrelevant like that, looking for random sympathy, just say something simple like "ok" or "that sux". Those short answers will drive him more crazy than anything else...because he'll finally know he can't get to you and he doesn't have power over your emotions anymore. Sure, what he did to you was super shitty. But trying to make him feel guilty about it isn't going to do any good, because obviously he doesn't. Just be calm and neutral - be an advocate for your son. Don't talk to him unless it's about your son. After all, when he left you, he made sure that your little boy is the only link left between you. So his welfare is really the only thing you two have left to discuss.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:54 PM

if you are tired of it, stop engaging in arguments with him. stop replying.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I agree with this.  I would just stop talking to him unless it has to do with your child.

Quoting MicahBoo07:

Sounds like he wants a pitty party well tell him to go to one of his friends he chose over u two. He keeps coming back to u because u let him talk to u and u respond. Just ignore him and keep ur baby safe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)