Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Can I Get a car loan from the credit union with out a job?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 7:44 AM
  • 30 Replies
I want to know if its possible or not to get a car loan without a job Im planning on going threw the credit union to apply. I do get monthly income Im currently waiting for the lady at walmart to call me back to see if I got a job thier I need a car its going go be getting cold after while and I dont want my daughter in the cold I have been walking and catching cabs for almost a year now and I cant keep doing this. I put all my money into catching cabs she has been doing a good job with walking but its not fair fo her to sit in the cold at the mall or the hot summer heat and It breaks my heart to have her sitting outside people walking pass and looking at me like Im shit because I have my daughter in the cold or the heat if you dont be sitting where the cab can see you its going to leave than thats another hour to sit its time to get me a car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:01 AM
You maybe can with a good credit score and a co singer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vamom08
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:11 AM
I dont have any credit I got approve for a line of credit thats a start.lol

Quoting happymommy1105:

You maybe can with a good credit score and a co singer

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashbeth1978
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:38 AM
I'm pretty sure it depends on your type of income & your credit score. If it's guaranteed & high enough & you have been a member of the credit union & they can see that then you might be ok. The biggest thing they look at is you income to debt ratio how much you have coming in per year & how much you have going out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Hopefully, you will get that job at Wal-Mart then you can show the credit union a paystub.  Since you got approved for a line of credit what is that line for?  A credit card?  Establish your credit card once you get a job.  You need to make sure that you can pay back both the car loan and credit card.  Credit unions won't give you a car loan without having income of some kind. 

MicahBoo07
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM

U can put a down payment on a car with a credit card I did twice but just don't over do it on the card. U can go to a dealership and they will do the loan stuff for u. Both my vehicles were by credit unions.

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

It depends on your type of income.  You have to be able to prove that you can pay for the vehicle.  If you have little or bad credit, you are a higher risk and they won't want to do a longer loan term so your payments will be higher.  If you have a job and/or are a student (financial aid income counts) you will be considered lower risk.

SinceresMomma
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:03 PM
I'm not sure, you should try and see what they say. I know you have to show that you have liable means to be able to pay them back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vamom08
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM
The line of credit was put into my savings account it was only for $100.00 I pay it back on september 28th it wasnt a credit card more like emergency cash.

Quoting steviechick:

Hopefully, you will get that job at Wal-Mart then you can show the credit union a paystub.  Since you got approved for a line of credit what is that line for?  A credit card?  Establish your credit card once you get a job.  You need to make sure that you can pay back both the car loan and credit card.  Credit unions won't give you a car loan without having income of some kind. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vamom08
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:36 PM
I called and I prayed about it as a mother sometimes you cant be scared to do something its either yes or no I hope they approve me. I cant keep walking with my 3 year old in the heat and the rain and snow The cabs are getting expensive she should be able to enjoy her childhood like normal children she sit in a house and color and draw all day its to hot to take her outside so thats why Im putting her in preschool so she can be around children her age.

Quoting SinceresMomma:

I'm not sure, you should try and see what they say. I know you have to show that you have liable means to be able to pay them back

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I don't know but here's a bump for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)