Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Mother of 2 feels like she can't leave

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ive been with my boyfriend for 3 years now, we have a son who is 2 1/2 and im currently 20 weeks pregnant with my second child. He is often times moody and angry. He is a good man works hard but i dont think we are in love anymore. I got pregnant in highschool and dropped out, i have no licence yet. I also have no job, he works and we make enough to get by so i can be a stay at home mom. We argue often and he cheated on me right after my son was born back in 2010. Nothing has been the same since, i just dont feel emotinally attached to him anymore. If it were not for my son i would of left a long time ago i believe. Im not happy. My family was a split home growing up and i never seen my father after my mom left him. I have been dealing with an overwhelming sence of guilt for doing the same to my family that i had done to me as a child. I remember how much i wished my family was like the others. It breaks my heart to even think about leaving and raising 2 children on my own. Sharing holidays and birthdays i start to tear up just thinking about it. I just dont know what to do. I feel like im trapt becuase of my circustances. No job no education no licence how does one survieve with 2 children alone? I live in nys are there any programs to help people in my situation?
Thanks so much for reading and any advice of story you have to share<3

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Perhaps trying to find the spark with your b/f from the beginning is what you really need.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome  I am a firm believer that staying for the children, when you're miserable yourself, is not a healthy option for any of you.  Your babies need to see you happy and if you're not happy with their dad, it will make life harder for all of you.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 17, 2012 at 2:57 PM

welcome

steviechick
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Welcome!

mrsary
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Sounds like something u can fix. Doesn't mean u two don't love each other anymore!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rae021
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 6:47 AM
Try working kn yourself more, is he supportive ? Get ur ged, a license etc... You'll ne happier too. Maybe you are both feeling stuck. If anything it will give you stepping stones to leave... I'm a firm believer in if you are not happy with yourself, someone else will never be able to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN