Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Has Anyone Ever Felt This Way?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm a single mother of one child. I have son & he's 10 going on 30. As long as I could remember its been very difficult raising him on my own because of the constant bad behavior, disrespect, tantrums, throwing things, breaking toys, trouble in school. I mean the list goes on.

I really don't know what to make of it anymore. I think I've tried & continue trying to make our lives better but nothing seems to work. My son has been in therapy since he was 6 years old & nothing has changed. There's been only short periods of time where I have saw improvements in his behavior but he has 101 excuses why he does what he does. He has never wanted to take responsibilty what he has done.

When I left his father, had to go back to mom which completely broke me in two because I left her house at 16. Going back with a child wasn't easy for me. I really didn't want to subject my son to her because she's vert verbally abusive. One of the reasons I left at a young age. There was alot of tension in that house with my mother & she would say & do things to get riled up & infront of my son. So I know the constant bickering had some affects on him & not having his dad around. Those facts have taking atoll on him. He grew up very angry & now facing depression. His therapist wants to evaluate him for meds because nothing has worked. I told her I would think about it.

I'm to the point that I don't want to do it anymore but I keep going because I'm the only one he has that hasn't left. I love my son with all my heart & I feel extremely guilty for feeling this way. I wish I didn't but I'm one person with to much on her plate for so long.

Thank you for listening....
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Replies (11-14):
SexyVamp
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Awwwww thank you,
Same goes for you, I really mean that. I've tried so many different tactics maybe getting him on meds is last thing left to do because nothing has worked in the past.

Quoting Ashbeth1978:

I can completely understand how you feel I still have days with my son were he gets so angry about everything & I have had to learn how to talk to him to get him to calm down & open up about what's really going on but that didn't start until the last 6 months or so when he started taking wellbutrin. It's a really hard some days with him but it helped when I found out what was the cause & that there was help & others going thru the same thing. If you ever need to talk you can always message me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongerwtime
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:05 PM

How's your prayer life? Are you affiliated with a solid local church? At this point you have done all you know to do.  Maybe all this struggle with him can be dealt with on a spiritual level...its worth the investment just to be connected you know?  It certainly helps me.

SexyVamp
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM
I'm not a religious person but that's an idea that I haven't thought of.

Thank you!

Quoting strongerwtime:

How's your prayer life? Are you affiliated with a solid local church? At this point you have done all you know to do.  Maybe all this struggle with him can be dealt with on a spiritual level...its worth the investment just to be connected you know?  It certainly helps me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:46 PM
i live wth fam to ..it sucks..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN