Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How to tell my DB EX BD that It is over and I don't want to be with him... NICELY??

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:14 PM
  • 8 Replies

My BD and i broke up in DEC... He is a diagnosed bipolar and he was diagnosed with Schizophrenia cuz he heard "voices" which i DON'T believe for one min lol... Our son is 10 months old and just a joy to be around, but he hardly see's him!! He gets him like once a month... Which is prolly a good think considering his medical and mental issues. Not to mention the fact that he is a drunk and addicted to perks... I try to be nice to him cuz i want our son to be raised right... But being nice is kinda sending off the wrong signals!! He says that he wants to start over, from the begining like we never met!! WTH??? I don't want him back I went thru to much crap with him to EVER take him back!! But how do I tell him that with out starting a fight or something dumb?? His family just KNOWS we are gonna get back together cuz not to toot my own horn but i was the best thing that ever happened to him! When i met him he had no job no money, almost no clothes and was living in a house with no power, electric, or water! He moved in with me and was living like a king lol... So i guess TOOT TOOT!! lol... but now he just keeps going like that, tellin me i'm beautiful and that i look nice or something stupid and its frustrating!! I just need a way to let him down EASY lol...

by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Charlotte1608
by Lottie on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:32 PM
My kids dad is like this. After 7 mths of it being over and me getting sick of his emotional bullshit I just said to him "I really don't want to hurt you but our relationship is over and has been for a long time. You need to accept that and move on". I was so done with it all when I left him so it was hard trying to be nice at the end. And i'll just add he hardly saw them and he left the country 5 mths ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jasuzha
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Just be up front, honest, and direct. If you beat around the bush you'll only cause the situation to drag out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM
I agree.

Your son is adorable by the way

Quoting Jasuzha:

Just be up front, honest, and direct. If you beat around the bush you'll only cause the situation to drag out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashbeth1978
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Exactly I agree completely. You don't have to be ugly but you just have to reinforce that it's over everytime he starts to say anything about y'all being together.

Quoting Jasuzha:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smumford1011
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Yeah i'm just afraid that he will throw a trantrum and act stupid and i don't want my son around him like that... But yes honesty is alway the best way to go... I need to just cut him off whenever he start to talk like that... ugh lol...

smumford1011
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Thanks! He is a jooy to be around lol...

Quoting SinceresMomma:

I agree.

Your son is adorable by the way

Quoting Jasuzha:

momof2toeheads
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Awwww what a dollbaby. I told my ex husband that we just were not right for each other and it wasnt fair to either one of us to be this unhappy and certainly not fair to our children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicahBoo07
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

u could tell him, better with him when ur not a couple but working together to raise ur child. Just keep it short and to the point so nothing can be miss tooken as something else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)