Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

why am i even surprised?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:04 PM
  • 6 Replies

My ex got a lawyer and is trying to hold me in contempt of court for refusing visitation of our daughter. I have asked him a couple times a week to come take her for a walk or see her at his grandmas (he is a alcoholic and does coke so those are his only options as far as i am concerned). Today is three weeks since he has saw our daughter by his choice. I asked him to see her for an hour and he said he has to go to his company picnic. An hour and he can't do it but he wants to go to court. And says he will get full custody. Now I have to waste the little bit of money I have saved for my daughter on a lawyer to handle his crap. So tired of trying to make him be a father. I give up now. I wish he would just walk away and leave my little family alone. We are so much happier now and dealing with him puts me in a bad mood. Raising children isn't the easiest thing but it's not that hard either, You have to be sober and want to be there for them.

by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
flawskii
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Wait, so he's an alcoholic AND does drugs and has the nerve to say he's going to take you to court for full custody? smh I'm sorry that you have to deal with that stupidity, but he is completely nuts if he thinks ANY judge will grant him full custody.

CafeMom Tickers
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Let him take you to court it's probably all threats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Sorry mama. Pointless of him to do that to you but it still hurts I'm sure. Good luck, you are doing a great job :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnuggets
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Why do they alway do things so backward.  Being a parent is all that matters.

strongerwtime
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Judge will see through it.

MicahBoo07
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:02 PM

in court have ur lawyer ask for a drug test a surprise drug test to prove he is using and under the influence.

Good luck with it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN