Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

please help me with a dead beat dad

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM
  • 8 Replies
To make a long story short, my kids dbd has no reguard for the law nor our court papers. He has violated them 4 times already and Friday our latest is that he enrolled our son into a elementary school I don't agree on. Myself my family and all of his family (which watch the kids while he's at work) and his business that he owns, all live within 5 miles from each other in one school zone which is where I want my kids to attend school. He went behind my back and registered our son even though we have joint legal custody for a kindergarten enriched class that starts Monday and has yet to even notify me. I had to find out from a friend that works at the school. He is also the dad that doesn't "work" so he doesn't have to pay child support. He owns.his own busoness but says that he "volunteers" amd doesnt take home a penny feom the busoness
I have bank records that prove he pays $4k-$6k a month in bills but he told the court he.pays his.bills with help from his family and friends. HElp please!!!! He thinks he is above the law and.can.do what he wants and I am so sick and tired of putting.up with him
He's pulled the final straw and I.can't take it
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kagegirl
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:16 PM
This is going to require an attorney. My ex pulled similar shit. Motion to modify the order, and clearly spell out you're conditions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongerwtime
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Who's jurisdiction does the court order says the child should go to school in? If it's not his...you can legally take this to the school and un-enroll her and sign her up in your jurisdiction (assuming she is to attend in yours).  If you both are in the same jurisdiction, unless you file for his violations with the court, you may have to grin andbear this.  This is why orders need be spelled out in this instance...ugh so annoying. 

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I agree! It should state who has residential custody for school placement purposes.

Quoting strongerwtime:

Who's jurisdiction does the court order says the child should go to school in? If it's not his...you can legally take this to the school and un-enroll her and sign her up in your jurisdiction (assuming she is to attend in yours).  If you both are in the same jurisdiction, unless you file for his violations with the court, you may have to grin andbear this.  This is why orders need be spelled out in this instance...ugh so annoying. 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd unenroll her and re-enroll her in the school you were planning for her to attend since it's in the area where you/she lives.

MicahBoo07
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM

he has to pay taxes or does he? I know I had to show my taxes and the bd showed his the first time we went to court along with our pay stubs. Some how u can get him. Just like my dead beat dad for my son he will pay under $20 each time he has to pay child support just so he won't get in trouble and they won't make him pay all of it so its crazy and only hurting my son.

blondiielee
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM
We don't have it clearly spelled out who's school the kids will attend, and we share 50/50 legal custody. Our court ordered legal custody does state that neither of us can make decisions about the kids without consulting the other so by enrolling him he violated court order. I'm headed to the court house today.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

enroll your kid in the school YOU want and take him there. 

strongerwtime
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:25 PM

So are you saying that you both have 50/50 legal AND 50/50 physical custody? No one is considered the "custodial parent"?

Anyways, Glad you are taking steps to legally challenge this school thing. 

Quoting blondiielee:

We don't have it clearly spelled out who's school the kids will attend, and we share 50/50 legal custody. Our court ordered legal custody does state that neither of us can make decisions about the kids without consulting the other so by enrolling him he violated court order. I'm headed to the court house today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)