Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ex Husbands WIfe overstepping her bounds?

Posted by   + Show Post

This is my first post I just want to get some other perspective on my ex's new wife. 

Let me give a bit of background info here. This woman is the one who my ex cheated on me with and they were married with in 4 months of the divorce being final. This is not the first marriage she has caused havoc in. My ex left me when I was 5 months pregnant with our second child. everything was fine until she got a look at our agreement all hell broke lose, attorney hired, threats and demands made all over the place and my life was made into a living hell for the last two years. Once they got married I tried to be civil and come to a place where my ex and I could be civil in front of the kids. I went as far to forgive them both for the cheating and trying to do whats best for the kids and move on with my life. For about 8 months things were good between the 3 of us, civil conversations and exchanges and even favors for each other. Now the ex has deployed and she wants visitation with my kids, just to make up some project for his birthday. They both think it will be better if she sees them and takes them for a day so when he returns the kids will only have to get used to one person not two on his visitation. On top of that because I do not agree with these visits she wants all the clothes she gave to the kids back.This woman has caused nothing but pain, anguish and un-nessisary drama in my life. She has overstepped her bounds from day one. I just always feel its two against one over here and im so over her crap. 

What are your thoughts, I'm not crazy for saying Hell NO!!!! Right......  

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Replies (51-59):
sunnymom4
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:50 AM
And it doesn't matter if they have kids together. It doesn't change the fact that she isn't their mother and is obviously nuts. Ur failing to see the problem. Nuts like this woman are liars. The more time u give her with ur children the more lies she can creat, the more trouble she can cause legally. And crazies like that tend to confuse children and trick them into thinking or believing apon lies against you. Do u wanna legally loose ur children to an obvious nut case??? Your husband is gone. And yes I blame her. Predators who have done the same thing to other women are good at their skill. They convince the man that their wife is less than, unsatisfied, and the bad person whom he must leave. Open ur eyes please. I worked with women just like her in the mental facilities. She won't stay with ur ex forever, their are always more men to control, more marriages to destroy, more children to mess with. Stand up and protect urself for love of God
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cupcake_mom
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:05 AM

hell no you arent crazy for saying no. i wouldnt let my kids have visits with her either if i was you. thats just stupid! why have visits with a women that isnt family and doesnt treat you as such? i mean if you guys were cool and friendly i might feel different.

TCain0001
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I would have a looooooong talk with my ex.  I'd let him know, flat out (esp. if you're being civil) that you don't want that bitch around the kids!  The visitations are his, not hers.......and if it comes down to it, contact a lawyer and get a restraining order against HER.....I would!  I'd also be letting him know that if she doesn't stay out of your divorce agreement, she'll be causing HIM to lose visitation, because I'd be going for full, sole custody if she didn't stay out of my business!

justj3nn
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this

No they dont have kids together yet. God help the world if they do. I will be returning the clothes to her and be done with her. She is in my opnion mentally ill but I am not a doc so who knows and then again I think my ex is crazy too so the two can have each other and have fun in their delusional sunset. I am much better off on my own and not having anything to do with her/them at all. I have offered skype to her in the past but she refuses it and only wanted in person visits. She is an all or nothing person when it comes to this. So it is what it is and I am doing whats best to protect my kids and my sanity. If she wants to do a birthday project for her husband she can go find some other married mans kids to do it with or have her own. 

Quoting sunnymom4:

And it doesn't matter if they have kids together. It doesn't change the fact that she isn't their mother and is obviously nuts. Ur failing to see the problem. Nuts like this woman are liars. The more time u give her with ur children the more lies she can creat, the more trouble she can cause legally. And crazies like that tend to confuse children and trick them into thinking or believing apon lies against you. Do u wanna legally loose ur children to an obvious nut case??? Your husband is gone. And yes I blame her. Predators who have done the same thing to other women are good at their skill. They convince the man that their wife is less than, unsatisfied, and the bad person whom he must leave. Open ur eyes please. I worked with women just like her in the mental facilities. She won't stay with ur ex forever, their are always more men to control, more marriages to destroy, more children to mess with. Stand up and protect urself for love of God

newbie1198
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have a major problem with that too.  My exh married his the woman he cheated with 1 mth after our divorce and stepmom or not as far as I am concerned all she will ever be to my kids is the woman who wrecked their family and that gives her no rights.

Robyn2007
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Yeah, my ex is military and if he married his affair partner, I would never agree to visitation with her without him. That's crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiniD
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Hello,

New to this as well and this was the first post I came across. After reading I immediately thought "Hell no". First of all, in my opinion she over stepped her boundaries in the beggining of their relationship she should have taken everything else with a grain of salt, smiled and shut up the rest of the way. They are YOUR AND HIS children, it did not take three people to make these chidren so there should be no third party involed. She has no place even looking over the aggrement you two have made, let alone being so involed in HIS visitation. It is also a hole other level of low asking for the cloths back. You are their MOTHER and you should no feel crazy or any other negative feeling in telling her to stand back and stay in her place. 

LaughPray
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Been there......  I handled my Ex. just as the papers stated.  We returned all close the children arrived with on exchanges.  My Ex. new wife tried to interfere with our custody agreement too. I didn't let her.  Basically, I told them both there would be no deviation from the agreement.  My Ex.s new wife tried to argue with me & I told her " Anything you have to say is nothing but 'White Noise'."  They both loved picking on me.  If they didn't have me to pick on, they would turn on themselves.  If you learn one phrase to say try this, " There is nothing more to discuss."  Hang up the phone or close the door.  Stand your ground.  They will soon learn to just hush up  & abide by the rules.  Your Ex.s new wife has no right to interfere with you & your Ex. custody.  If they continue to make your life miserable have your attorney send them a well worded letter to more or less straighten up.  He/she will address the issue officially.  I never allowed either of them to suck me into an argument.  Eventually my Ex. & his loud mouth wife learned to leave me alone or they would recieve unfavorable consiquences from my lawyer.  I don't like to argue or fight, I never did.  I always remained a Lady with dignity.  Good Luck.  Keep it in God's hands.  By the way,  my Ex.'s new wife just divorssed my Ex. after being with him for 7 years.  Same as I did.  Go figure............

gizmom529
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this
i have been in both spots and as the stepmom i would not be asking for visits by myself thats for their father when hes able bc he works some of his weekends hes supposed to have his kids and i dont overstep you have to know ur boundries if asked i do help but i want no drama and as the mother of a lil girl who recently split with her dad and. ow he has a new SO she would no way in hell be allowed visitation with my daughter without her father there u have to know ur boundries so just stick to ur guns and tell her no give her the clothes back if she wants to be like that but thats just childish

toddler girlLove my babygirl!! She's my world!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN