Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

every Sunday I pick up my screaming 10 month old from his supervised visit...

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:44 AM
  • 21 Replies
And every week I am told that my son Paxton cried the entire time! I have never heard him cry for 30 minutes let alone an hour! His visit is 4-5 and he usually naps around 4, I have explained this and how moving the time to 3 or 2 would make a huge difference but they say there are no other times available. As soon as I pick him up he is fine and then I get asked why he was crying, same reason every week but a different person doing the supervision so I feel like a broken record and can't stand that my sweet baby boy is screaming and upset for an entire hour when he should not be and is never like that with me.
How canI get it across to these people that there is no substantial visit going on between Paxton and his dad if he is screaming and crying the whole time. Then Paxton naps 2 hours late, eats late, and is up too late and can't sleep and this messes up his schedule for a few days. So frustrating!
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Sounds like what I went through only reversed,  thank you for the mentioning..

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:33 AM
2 moms liked this
He is 10 months. It's separation anxiety and all babies have it. It's normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Why can't you move his naptime up an hour?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicahBoo07
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Why doesn't the dad let him nap in his arms and thats still time with him.

They won't change the time/day because of nap time thats not a good excuse to move it.

PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Have you considered adjusting his schedule so he can nap a little earlier-- I know changing your whole schedule is a pain, but seems like the only way to make a difference  :-/ 

And as mentioned above, it may have a lot to do with seperation anxiety too.. I know it sucks, poor kiddo  

Sidrosmomma
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Even being with him when he is sleeping is still visitation.  Will he fall asleep for his father?  Will he fall asleep in someone's arms?  My son won't unless he is exhausted.  We don't have to do supervised visitation so if the baby needs a nap, I reschedule visitation.  If I know in advance of visitation I'll arrange the baby's schedule arnd visitation and I send food so that he can eat with his father.

reallove06
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Not to be nosy but why are they supervised?

Maybe you could file a petition for modification. Is there another place agency or person who could supervise?

I used to go on all of my nieces visits with my sister to supervise. He never completed his supervised that were ordered at the agency. They made their own agreement.

It must be heart breaking to hear him cry one hour.

How does his father react?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
That sucks...
This is one reason I never had my kids on a set schedule. Life happens...and plans change...and I never wanted to plan my day/life around a nap schedule. They slept when they were tired...even if it ment in the car going somewhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommynac
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM

This.

Quoting reallove06:

Not to be nosy but why are they supervised?

Maybe you could file a petition for modification. Is there another place agency or person who could supervise?

I used to go on all of my nieces visits with my sister to supervise. He never completed his supervised that were ordered at the agency. They made their own agreement.

It must be heart breaking to hear him cry one hour.

How does his father react?

itskaciek
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:42 AM

4 is a really late nap. I would just move his naps. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)