Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

how do I make this call to the cops?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:47 AM
  • 18 Replies
My ex won't stop texting me and harrasing me. I was told to call and get a restaining order. How the hell do I do that? I call them, and say what? I just don't know how to put the words, I fail at words. Lol. Help?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jasuzha
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Here you have to go to the courthouse to file paperwork. The police will only take a report and you have to have proof.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM
I have all the texts. And I have been very careful not to reply with things he can use against me.

Quoting Jasuzha:

Here you have to go to the courthouse to file paperwork. The police will only take a report and you have to have proof.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM
And should I still make a report with the police?

Quoting Jasuzha:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charmgirl
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:53 AM
This. And the family law office actually provided me with a lawyer.

Quoting Jasuzha:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jasuzha
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Did you at anytime tell him to stop? That will help you out. You can make a police report of harassment, but they will probably refer you to the courthouse for the order of protection.

Quoting vrbtnseele:

I have all the texts. And I have been very careful not to reply with things he can use against me.

Quoting Jasuzha:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I did once.

Quoting Jasuzha:

Did you at anytime tell him to stop? That will help you out. You can make a police report of harassment, but they will probably refer you to the courthouse for the order of protection.

Quoting vrbtnseele:

Quoting Jasuzha:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:03 AM
You can go to a police station and report it. And you may have to go to the courthouse to file for a restraining order
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jasuzha
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Once is enough

Quoting vrbtnseele:

I did once.

Quoting Jasuzha:

Quoting vrbtnseele:

Quoting Jasuzha:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Can I go in my town or do I have to go to his?

Quoting SinceresMomma:

You can go to a police station and report it. And you may have to go to the courthouse to file for a restraining order

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jasuzha
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Yours is fine.

Quoting vrbtnseele:

Can I go in my town or do I have to go to his?

Quoting SinceresMomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)