Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've been crying all morning

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM
  • 20 Replies

I'm so damn frustrated with not getting any help from my babies daddy. We seperated and then our marriage ended in divorce, I have 5 kids with him and he won't do a damn thing. We lived in the Detroit area in a nice suburban neighborhood, we lost our house in February and everything went downhill from there, we argued everyday in front of the kids and everything and I'm kind of ashamed for doing that. I just don't know what to do anymore, he quit his job to avoid me and who knows where he is now, I heard he was staying with someone in Chicago but dunno if it's true but he does have cousin's there so he might be staying there. I'm just such a mess right now and trying to raise 5 kids on my own is so hard.

by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Ouch. I know how u feel, but I only have three! It will get better with time... at least that's what people say. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovethelake
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Is the child support office trying to find him? I'm in MI too. I know how slowly that stuff moves :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylulu1
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM
5 moms liked this

I can understand the frustration, anger, and fear.  But crying will not fix it!  Make a plan.  Are you working?  In your avatar, you appear to be about due to have another one, so I don't know if you are able to work right now.  Just know that you can do it.  I raised 4 kids without any help besides my family and my youngest is now 17.  Sure there were plenty of struggles and my kids went without a lot of "wants", but never without "needs".  Are your children younger or older?  Are they all in school?  Do you have family around that is willing to help you? 

The biggest thing I learned is that keeping the kids on a tight schedule really helped.  Enforcing bed times so that you have some "me" time in the evenings is crucial.  You have to have that time to decompress and relax a little bit.  I don't know much about your personal situation so there isn't much advice I can give...just keep your head up- you can do it!  You ARE a strong woman and need to know that you can do it with or without him.  Budget without taking any child support into account, because you know that you can never depend on that money.  If it comes in, great.  If not, you have budgeted to make sure that you can still make ends meet.  Good luck!

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Vent on! Im not giving advice. Everyone knows their situation and everyones different. I get tired of ppl telling me what to do. Hope something works out for you soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vamom08
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM
I'm so sorry to here that your going threw a hard time can we cry together its a difficult time .I'm having a hard time as well I will bring the tissue the soft kind the only thing is I have one child you have to be strong for your children a man will try to break you down if you have to buy bits and pieces at a time to clothed them. I know its hard when their clothes stop fitting and thier shoes start hurting their fits it is painful to watch this as moms so lets get the Brownies and cry together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicahBoo07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Somtimes it just helps to vent so vent away

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM
2 moms liked this

you need to sign up for public assistance. when you are on full aid, you get daycare assistance faster then you can look for a job.

they will look for his ass if you are on aid. if you work, youre SOL unless you stay up CSE's ass.

Osey1989
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Ok that is what I will do, I will sign up for public assistance, hopefully this helps. I have 5 kids and no money, my parents help out as much as they can and I'm looking for a new place to live. I'm currently living with my parents and 5 kids all in the same house.

Osey1989
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:44 PM

OMG I know it, that's going to be so rough for me when their clothes stop fitting and they need new shoes. Luckily for the little kids I can do hand me downs but that's only going to work for so long ugh. I wish they would find his ass and make him pay child support or arrest him.

Quoting vamom08:

I'm so sorry to here that your going threw a hard time can we cry together its a difficult time .I'm having a hard time as well I will bring the tissue the soft kind the only thing is I have one child you have to be strong for your children a man will try to break you down if you have to buy bits and pieces at a time to clothed them. I know its hard when their clothes stop fitting and thier shoes start hurting their fits it is painful to watch this as moms so lets get the Brownies and cry together.

vamom08
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM
It has already happen for me my daughter can't wear none of shoes I was suppose to go to school it hurts i feel like a bad mom sometimes I know how you feel.I have to buy all new shoes I was at the mall and she looked at me and said "These shoes hurt my feet" I just broke down in tears so I got her some flip flops from the children place but when it get cold she can't wear them we as mothers go threw alot we have to birth the children ,deal with the pain,cook clean and then we got these peice of shit dads out here doing nothing .I want the child support people to strip my him of everything he has and I want every penny,Nickle,dime,quarter,20s,10s,50s,100s,1$ I'm living off pay check to pay check its so hard I wish they can find my daughter's sperm donor as well I sit for hours and cry kids don't ask to come in this world its our job to take care of them sometimes I don't get to eat its stressful I hope they find your kids dad he owes you he can't walk away from 5 kids that's heartbreaking I want to woop his ass (Madea voice).

Quoting Osey1989:

OMG I know it, that's going to be so rough for me when their clothes stop fitting and they need new shoes. Luckily for the little kids I can do hand me downs but that's only going to work for so long ugh. I wish they would find his ass and make him pay child support or arrest him.

Quoting vamom08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)