Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I just saw my lawyer today the ex and his attorney had a book of questions for me (am I on medications if and what, doctors I see and for what my financial information etc.  I have taken care of our 5 year old son financially and emotionally for his whole life and now he is trying to to prove me unfit.  Our son received an academic award and I was the only on that worked with him and his acadiemics.  Now it's going to cost me around $10,000 to fight this, I found out today.  Any advice?

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Replies (21-23):
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 3:57 PM

absolutely. Its bullshit that he can even act this way so make sure to have the motion to cover your legal expenses filed. 

Quoting kagegirl:

First, have your layer file a counter motion citing everything in his motion that is untrue. Then have your layer file for restitution for your legal fees for filling a bullshit lawsuit.

Terriann13
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:14 AM

How do we all keep our sanity?  My son came home from his visit with bd and of course he treats me and and his other grandparents terrible.  Today he goes there for the weekend .  I can only imagine the damage that will be done.  I know you all have been dealing with this for a long time.  I've been told not to take anything from my son when he gets home.  I'm looking for professional help for  him too.  The school is not helping, they think that bd is great! But they don't see what happens at home.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:20 AM
I'm going through something similar

Quoting Terriann13:

How do we all keep our sanity?  My son came home from his visit with bd and of course he treats me and and his other grandparents terrible.  Today he goes there for the weekend .  I can only imagine the damage that will be done.  I know you all have been dealing with this for a long time.  I've been told not to take anything from my son when he gets home.  I'm looking for professional help for  him too.  The school is not helping, they think that bd is great! But they don't see what happens at home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)