Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you play with your kids? How often?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:44 AM
  • 7 Replies

Being a single mom means being responsible for everything cooking cleaning shopping homework etc so when do you find time to play with your kids or do you not play? I dont remember ever really playing with my parents my and my sisters just played with each other unfortunately my dd is being raised as an only child so she is very lonely and i am always insanely busy so i hardly ever play with her and feel so guilty about it.

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jayde08
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM
I do even if it is only for a short time, but now I'm full time student and looking for work :( still do even if its a short time before bed :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashbeth1978
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:53 AM
I try to even if it's just tickling them or something like that a few times a week. Being a single mom who works full-time on an opposite schedule as my kids school the only time I have with them is in the mornings during the week, so that's how I wake them up sometimes we play in the morning for a few minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeonit
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this
"Playing"? I work full time and although I might not always be playing with my DD, I always involve her. In the car while driving to/from work we sing songs and play car tag, she helps me make meals, we garden together, we make potions during bath time, she's my constant companion. I think it's quality of time with your child, just involve her when you are home and it'll be ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHay
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 5:42 AM
My son and i have a tickle fest every morning and every evening. During the day i try to find at least a few minutes for playing. Even in if its in 2 minute increments while im doing something else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:06 AM
When they let me!! They'd rather play their trucks and super heros just the 2 of them!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
malachi2037
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:08 AM
bump

aahudson
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I'm one of those lucky ones that is currently living with family that help me so I get to play with my little girl every afternoon after work and lots on the weekend. Like you I don't remember my parents playing with me, maybe a few speical days here and there becuase of the single parent thing. I don't know what it will be like when I live on my own again but I hope to still find hours in the afternoon and weekends to play. 

When I clean now I always include her. She will play with my stuff on the book shelf or my hangers while I put up stuff and make up the bed. I think moments like that count. She will even walk outside with me to take the trash out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN