Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Text sent from family member when asked to let my son father know son needed diapers.

Posted by   + Show Post
don't think he is doing anything until judgement
That is between u & his father , im tired telling his father what u need is not my role! So stop because it has zero to do w/my life
It stresses, me & my health is 1st! Not trying to hurt u, i am givIng u my boundary
His sister & i can't help u with His father
I am really tired of this kay, i am Me 1st, that is what i am doing! If u don't like i don't care I've raised mine! I take care of my child in college&
I help u & your other kids & i hear bout what isn't done. I help on my terms.
U are mother!
Just like i had to figure it out so will u!
I am making My dreams come true
Stop stressing me out with you & his father's problems! That is all i get from u
I tell u ,ive been telling u, i am not a damn messenger!
His father can have 2million kids & baby mommas, nothing to do with me
That is all u are a momma to men's baby's, so u a BabY's momma
That is all u are a momma to men's baby's, so u a BabY's momma
Yes u are more to your kids that is all that matters
I need to stay mother to my 3 kids. Now if i have custody of any grandkids they become mine legally!
Sent from my iPhone

What would u do when Childsupport is filed but still need help while wait and family is this way about u asking them for help.
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
youngmommy702
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:06 PM
My son father doesn't answer my calls he ignores my text moved job so I couldn't find him there he refuse to speak to me and has said he will not do anything til a court make him but thanks ladies again I understand dt ask the family for help but yes I was raised family should help so I ask.
youngmommy702
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I got another text saying she has told my son father se agree he should do wht court say is takeing care of child and nothing til then
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:10 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree with the text you got. Don't bother his family about his and your issues. Its really not their problem and obiously they are annoyed with you trying to make it theirs. I would never discuss my ex's and my child support with his family...if I was getting it or not....or what my kid needed. Its tacky.

Just wait for court...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brainz
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I think she has a point.  I never send messages to the family of my bd to ask them to pass a message along.   I would only resort to that if it was an emergency.  I worked very hard, and I used all of the resources available to be able to provide for my kids without having to ask him for help.  

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Then stop.

Stop asking. stop calling. stop texting.

He is telling you exactly how he feels without sugar coating it. listen to what he is saying.

Come up with your own means to support this baby because he clearly isn't going to.

Continuing to harass him makes you look like the crazy baby mama.

Quoting youngmommy702:

My son father doesn't answer my calls he ignores my text moved job so I couldn't find him there he refuse to speak to me and has said he will not do anything til a court make him but thanks ladies again I understand dt ask the family for help but yes I was raised family should help so I ask.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylulu1
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I agree with you that she may be getting nowhere texting him and she is allowed to ask, but by the text that I read, it appears like OP has been asked to stop texting that family member and continues to do so.  That family member was right- it is not their problem and OP has no right making it their problem.  I am with you...I raised all 4 of mine with absolutely no help from their fathers up until my youngest was 16.  He was getting too big for his britches and needed a male role model, so his father stepped up to the plate.  He has been living there for about a year and he is doing great...but I digress.  I have gotten off topic. 

It is not the family member's responsibility to pass messages back and forth and OP should delete that person's number and leave them alone. 

Quoting junebutterfly:

Maybe she gets no where texting him or she don't have his number. If she needs help shes allowed to ask. I personally have never had help from my kids dads.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:45 PM

find community resources for help, not from ex's family. 

MsLogansMommy
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

when i first read your original post i was thinking of responding same as the others with saying how you need to stop texting and leave his family alone yada yada but then you responded with this and another response before this one and i really appreciated how you said on the other post "ok will do thank you for the advice" basically you asked an honest question for advice and then accepted the advice that was given that is a great step forward so i want to applaud you for not getting defensive and angry with the comments.

I agree with you about family should help yes they "should" but you cant make them at least not until court order. Have you asked your family for help? there are also many agencies that can help. I know that in my area a lot of churches will give you diapers for free if you are in need. I wish the best of luck and i understand how hard it is my dd is 6 yrs old now so we have been out of diapers for a while but diapers are expensive and it is totally not fair that your bd is not steppin up but here is where you have the opportunity to shine you have more strength then you know take care  

Quoting youngmommy702:

tyfry7496
by Janet on Sep. 3, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Exactly. It's not their responsibility to provide for your child, it's yours. Never rely on child support, only rely on yourself. If you need that much help, go to a local church for help.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

You can't rely on child support and they aren't his boss so I'd leave them out of things

Quoting iHay:

Stop texting his family. Talk to him directly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youngmommy702
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 6:18 PM
My family is helping they are the ones they said to ask my son father when they aren't able too but for sure my family is my all support for things I can't do I once again thank you for insight and advice it will be noted and applied.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)