Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I am new to the group...."an scared mom here"

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hello everyone. I've been married for almost 6 yrs to a verbally, emotionally and financial abuser. We have a 4yr old girl. I have always been a good mom and want to keep it that way, but my "husband "  is absolutely sick of the head, has had a past of depresion, traumatic and alcoholism, etc. I just cant keep my daughter around him anymore, he loves to bring the worst of him in front of her so I am more than ready to leave him...but also I am afraid since I am moving to a new place and my daughter says that she wants daddy to come with us too...what should I tell her, I don't know what to do. thanks

by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rubiesworth718
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Family counseling perhaps? I don't know, I'v never been in this situation, I'm sorry. :( But, I have a 4 year old daughter too, if you ever want to talk. Keep your head up, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel! :) hugs

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! I'm glad you found us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashbeth1978
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Welcome to the group. The best thing I can say to tell your daughter is that daddy is sick and has to get help to get better before he can be around us again. It's the truth in terms a 4 year old could understand. Counciling for you and her would probably be a good idea also. Best of luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Tell her daddy is getting fixed by the doctor and will come back when he is better

ame4c
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 4:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow.. that is a tough one, especially since she is only 4.  I think I would just tell her that daddy has to live somewhere else right now and that she can call him anytime she wants and write him letters, and that he will visit her as often as he can.  Re-assure her that her father loves her (even if he doesn't).  Don't make her promises on his behalf, it will only come back and bite you in the butt later.  The hardest part of being a single parent is watching the other bio parent be a douch to their child, but the kids need to learn what kind of person their parents are on their own (meaning don't bash or talk bad about her dad in front of her).  I never had to say anything bad about my X, my kids found out the hard way and it still breaks my heart to watch 7 yrs later.

Hang in there girl!  As long as you keep your DD's best interest at heart, you can do no wrong!  Be strong and know you are doing the right thing.

Welcome to the group!

hugs

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Sep. 8, 2012 at 5:51 AM
Welcome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 7:10 AM
My ex was clinically depressed. I got him on meds and couceling before kids were born. He was abused growing up. Be careful. There is help out there but some men are prone to what is called 'cycle of abuse'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)