Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Online dating? Have you done it and has it worked?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM
  • 38 Replies

I want to know from the group, have you done online dating and has it worked for you? If so what was it like for you? 

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:48 AM
I do it. Define "worked". Have I met the love of my life...no. But I have been on some fun dates and met a few fun guys, just nobody I want to stick with. I have also met some douchebags but that comes with the online dating territory.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Welcome!! I've done it.  Dated a guy off of one for 11 months but he ended up having a lot of growing up to do, so not by fault of the website.  Just be careful

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM
5 moms liked this
becarefull dont fall for every story ..90% are just looking for sex..
liliana5
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM

When I mean "worked" I guess I meant have you met anyone worth being with. Thanks for your post! 

dragonfly.1982
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:58 PM
3 moms liked this
I met my ex on pof we were together for almost 5 years had ds and he is the love of my life :/ sadly he decided I wasnt his and we divorced a year ago. I believe you have just as good of a chance meeting the man of your dreams online as you are at a bar or any other place. I dont go out so online is my only real option, i have faith and hope someday Ill find someone as special as my ex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sthflachk
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I'm using eharmony for the second time....still no dates. I don't get it....I'm reasonably attractive, good job, educated....maybe its my zipcode...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHay
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Ive done it. Met a guy i still feel like was the love of my life even though it didnt work out. Ive met nice guys just not for me because im not a city person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
W2H2H
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I tried it and i've met great guys and douches ...the great ones were really great but unfortunately we had separate ideas about so we split but we reain friends as for the douches well they were super douchey

kidlover2
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I tried it for a grand total of 4 hours and met the man I've been looking for my whole life. We've been together for a little over 3 months now so I realize my love goggles are still on... but I don't see them fading anytime in the next 40 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Done it,  not for long term, even if I think it's the way to go. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN