Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Online dating? Have you done it and has it worked?

Posted by   + Show Post

I want to know from the group, have you done online dating and has it worked for you? If so what was it like for you? 

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Replies (31-38):
soaringflutes
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Whenever one meets a new guy, it's good to be careful.  I agreed to a date with a guy I met online, and although we were in very public places, he raped me.  You just never know.  I took a self defense course after that.  I have had two positive experiences of meeting guys online as well, so not all a bad experience.

lightoftheworld
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I did online dating all summer and discovered that I have a '3 date shelf life'. Its easy for me to get a date, but when I dont sleep with them by date #3, they hit the road.

No harm, no foul though... Once you learn how to play the game and what to expect its not so bad.

Some ground rules
#1. Dont believe everything they say. Dont even believe 1/2 of what they say
#2. Dont give up the sex until you have been seeing them for a while. Lots of these guys just want to hit it and quit it
#3. If you havent heard from them in 3 days, move on to the next guy (because they have already moved onto the next girl)

I know that sounds really cynical, but I believe it can be done!! I have lots of friends who met their SO online and are quite happy. Dating is a numbers game, and online dating gives you plenty of numbers!!

And of course, you will find more serious guys on paid sites like match, eharmony, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemama0905
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM

You just gotta be careful :)  I know someone who met their hubby online and over 12 years and 4 kids later they are still going strong...and it was long distance for a few years.

I've done online dating - met some downright crazy guys, some guys just looking for sex, one of my really good friends I got to talking to online about 7 months ago and we haven't actually met yet - he was supposed to be home from Korea today but got stuck in Japan instead..  And I'm actually kinda dating someone that I met online.  Originally talked to him online before i met my son's dad, then we both met someone, each of us had a kid - my DS is exactly a year older than his DD (minus like 4 days difference), we both have our kiddos fulltime and are single parents and once again came across each other online.  It's been a rough go because it all happened like right before he moved halfway across the country with the marines, but we're trying.  He's a wonderful wonderful guy.

Lurion
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Have you ever watched Millionaire Matchmaker? I've decided men really don't care about reasonably attractive, good job and educated. Those guys ALWAYS choose the young, hot yoga instructor with the tightest party dress. lol 

Quoting sthflachk:

I'm using eharmony for the second time....still no dates. I don't get it....I'm reasonably attractive, good job, educated....maybe its my zipcode...

sthflachk
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Bwahahaa...so true so true...

Quoting Lurion:

Have you ever watched Millionaire Matchmaker? I've decided men really don't care about reasonably attractive, good job and educated. Those guys ALWAYS choose the young, hot yoga instructor with the tightest party dress. lol 

Quoting sthflachk:

I'm using eharmony for the second time....still no dates. I don't get it....I'm reasonably attractive, good job, educated....maybe its my zipcode...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I met a couple people never really worked out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
206beauty
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I met my fiance online. We have dated for 2 years and been engaged for 3 months. I think we both have a lot of healing to do but we are trying our hardest to make it work. I think we can meet creeps or "The One" either online or in person. We still have to use our own wisdom and pick wisely.

rebeccadac
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Done it! been married to DH now for 11 1/2 years.  We talked through the computer for a week and then did a few weeks of talking on the phone for probably 3-4 hrs a day.  We met and I thought we would just end up friends by out 3rd date we were exclusive and moved in by 7 mo. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN