Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

im looooonely....waaaaah!

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:34 PM
  • 29 Replies
This is my pity party! Please come join me!

I have been over df since I got pregnant...too long of a back story. Let's just say I did it for my DD (which I always said I never would) and finally broke it off a year and a half ago. Then I finished my degree in December and then I focused on working full time until I could work from home. Started working from home full time.

I don't go out cause I have no sitter for my DD. I've tried eharmony now for the second time and no bites since the free weekend. Cheapskates!

I'm fine being single, really I am, but it would be nice to have some male attention once in a while!

Waaaaa!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NewMama28
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

LoL!

My ex and I ended when I was 2 months pregnant. He couldn't deal and went thru whatever it is he needed to go thru. He's actively involved now that our kiddo is here, which is great but I have been single since. 

So I'm going on.....over 2.5 years? My kiddo is going to be 2 in November. I'm super busy with work and taking care of my DD but I find that I have moments as well where I'm like...It'd be nice to have someone in my life to make me feel beautiful, help me with things, fix things, etc. 

But I also have just as many moments where I get completely overwhelmed with just thinking about HOW to go about finding guys that interest me and how to date. I'm so busy as is! Then it just gets daunting and I'm like...blah. Fuck it. Too much work. Lol.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM

you really need to find a sitter and have a tiny bit of social life if you want to meet people. can you find a circle of single moms that you can trade babysitting with? or a neighborhood teenager?

sthflachk
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM
My DD will be 3 in November! I have no idea how to get back into the dating scene. I completely agree with you....about all of it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmomma232010
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM

im sorry i cant join ur pity party, i did the walk of shame through 5 of our friends this morning, me and ds(he was asleep by the time we got there) went to a friends house that i haven't seen in 10 years and we got everyone together from high school and one thing lead to another and it was amazing, needless to say we weren't quiet and our moment was almost ruined by everyone banging on the door trying to be funny

baby

sthflachk
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:15 PM
I have my cousins kid but its her senior year so she's a little busy. All the moms I know are disgustingly happily married so no single mom swap!
The other problem is my "circle" of friends that I had before pregnancy are now phone friends cause our lives are completely different. Of course my married friends don't want to do more than a quiet dinner and drinks!

Sigh...fml!!

Quoting faerie75:

you really need to find a sitter and have a tiny bit of social life if you want to meet people. can you find a circle of single moms that you can trade babysitting with? or a neighborhood teenager?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sthflachk
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
If I wasn't mobil you would get a big ol smiley face sticking its tongue out giving you a big fat raspberry!!

Yeah.....I'm jealous!

Quoting lilmomma232010:

im sorry i cant join ur pity party, i did the walk of shame through 5 of our friends this morning, me and ds(he was asleep by the time we got there) went to a friends house that i haven't seen in 10 years and we got everyone together from high school and one thing lead to another and it was amazing, needless to say we weren't quiet and our moment was almost ruined by everyone banging on the door trying to be funny

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmomma232010
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM

what made it great was that i have been in love with guy forever and i found out he loves me 2 but is scared to be with me in a relationship because he doesnt want to lose me but he is fine with filling my needs whenever

Quoting sthflachk:

If I wasn't mobil you would get a big ol smiley face sticking its tongue out giving you a big fat raspberry!!

Yeah.....I'm jealous!

Quoting lilmomma232010:

baby

sthflachk
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM
4 moms liked this
Um, ok, that's not good!! I don't want to get off my own topic.....but are you sure you want to do that? The whole fwb thing is great but someone always wants more and this time that's you! How old are you two? Don't look now but I'm gonna rain on your parade....from what you've just said I think he's giving you a line of bs. If you're both available and he feels the same way but he's "scared" so he will just sleep with you for now? Noooooo.....
I have a friend of 15 years that I would love to date, he would love to have sex but not date..so no sex because he knows I "like like" him but doesn't want to date me. So I'm good enough for sex but not a relationship? Nooooo...

Quoting lilmomma232010:

what made it great was that i have been in love with guy forever and i found out he loves me 2 but is scared to be with me in a relationship because he doesnt want to lose me but he is fine with filling my needs whenever

Quoting sthflachk:

Yeah.....I'm jealous!

Quoting lilmomma232010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmomma232010
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM

we are both 25 and i told him it was all or nothing and he needs to think long and hard about it and if he wants to be with me or not but i will always be his friend no matter what and i also told him that if he wants to be with me then we will have to take it slow even though it will be hard to do that. i think he is more scared about the fact that i have a kid . im the only one of my group that has a kid and everyone was telling me that it was hard to see me as a mom but i seem like a really good mom

Quoting sthflachk:

Um, ok, that's not good!! I don't want to get off my own topic.....but are you sure you want to do that? The whole fwb thing is great but someone always wants more and this time that's you! How old are you two? Don't look now but I'm gonna rain on your parade....from what you've just said I think he's giving you a line of bs. If you're both available and he feels the same way but he's "scared" so he will just sleep with you for now? Noooooo.....
I have a friend of 15 years that I would love to date, he would love to have sex but not date..so no sex because he knows I "like like" him but doesn't want to date me. So I'm good enough for sex but not a relationship? Nooooo...

Quoting lilmomma232010:

Quoting sthflachk:

Yeah.....I'm jealous!

Quoting lilmomma232010:

baby

sthflachk
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Seriously....I'm standing in my living room clapping for you!! Well done!! I'm ridiculously proud of you and I don't even know you!! Stick to your guns!!

Quoting lilmomma232010:

we are both 25 and i told him it was all or nothing and he needs to think long and hard about it and if he wants to be with me or not but i will always be his friend no matter what and i also told him that if he wants to be with me then we will have to take it slow even though it will be hard to do that. i think he is more scared about the fact that i have a kid . im the only one of my group that has a kid and everyone was telling me that it was hard to see me as a mom but i seem like a really good mom

Quoting sthflachk:

Quoting lilmomma232010:

Quoting sthflachk:

Yeah.....I'm jealous!

Quoting lilmomma232010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)