Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

If your kids dad isn't involved

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM
  • 45 Replies
Do you let your ex inlaws still see your kids? I let mine see my DD. Also do you expect them to help you financially if BD doesn't?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alyssasmommy318
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM
4 moms liked this
I do love letting them see her! But I do not expect them to support her. They are her grandparents not her parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM

My son's father is not involved with us however I do let his parents see my son a few times a year.  They are not overbearing but so enjoy seeing my son and feel bad about the situation and how things worked out.  They have sent us money from time to time but nothing on a regular basis.

Charlotte1608
by Lottie on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Mine visit every 2 - 4 mths. Ex MIL is visiting us on Friday. BD isn't around ATM and doesn't pay cs but I don't expect them to buy anything and they don't other than presents. They are still strangers to my kids though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM
I left the offer open but none of them care enough. No I would never expect them or my family to provide financial support, it's not their responsibility.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoboysjc
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM
nope..they have chosen not to be involved. at this point i wouldn't let their grandparents be involved...grandfather is in prison for child molestation and grandmother is going to be charged when he gets out of VA and faces more charges in FL. do wish there aunts and uncles were involved..they have 18 cousins...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHay
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I tried to let my inlaws see my son but it was too dramaful to continue. I definitely don't expect anything from them finacially and they don't seem to miss him much.

MysticLove
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM

My youngest son's dad is not in our lives at all and his family choses not to be so I have never been faced with the decision. If they wanted to I would let them and I wouldn't ask anything from them.

_AshlynNicole
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I don't expect anything from that family. Only person who has put out the effort to see dd is her aunt.... And none of them help financially....never have and probably never will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Infinite1221
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM

My kid's dad didn't even tell his parents he has a kid sooooo they don't know she exists.  Kinda shitty, but I don't want a huge drama mess if I were to tell them behind his back.

Sarah & Ky :)

Robsessed98
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM
All of his family live about 900 miles away, but she goes to visit the every few years. No, theyve never help financially nor have I ever asked them too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN