Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Finding time for yourself.

Posted by   + Show Post
With my 9mo son's father barely in the picture, I have him all the time. I'm sure there may be some other ladies like this on here. I work a few nights a week as a server and my mother or my best friend watches him during my shifts. Even though I'm getting time away from baby, it's still not great because I'm still "at work". I want a little time to myself. A girls night or a dinner out or even bowling. But I don't have anyone else that can babysit and I would feel bad asking my mom or friend to babysit another time. Any advice?
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Replies (21-22):
MommyBri7
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Unfortunately my son doesn't sleep through the night yet :( so I'd just feel terrible if my mom had to get up with him late when she has to work early in the morning. I will find a way though soon! That's for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lynntrippin
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Everyone needs Me Time!!!  I hope you can find it.  I know some places have babysitting swaps in the mom's clubs - maybe you could try to join a play group or mom's club and then see if there is some sort of exchange program.  The best part is you get to know the parent(s) by spending time in the groups and then you can see if there are other members that you feel comfortable with, then you each give the other a night out.  Good luck, this is the most difficult part of being a mom I think!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)