Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dad not following court order. What should I do? *UPDATE*

Posted by   + Show Post

Custody for DS was set by a judge and written on a PPO. My ex is supposed to arrange for visits by email 24 to 48 hours in advance for every other weekend. He doesn't follow the schedule and his new thing is to talk to DS about it during their phone time, instead of contact me. DS is only 7 and I told him to tell ex he needs to contact mommy. He never does. Instead he tries to get DS to agree to visitation. What should I do if/when he does this on a weekend where he could see him? He's supposed to tell me what day in advance, or give me a schedule. He isn't.

UPDATE: So a cop showed up at my door yesterday asking me if I knew ex was at the police station waiting for DS to come. I told him what was up and he said I was doing the right thing. Ex lived out of state when the PPO was filed, don't know if he does now but who would come to visit without confirming first? I even sent him an email on Wednesday telling him next visitaiton was next weekend. Now he's saying "my attorney told him it was once a month" and I should have been listening to DS conversation with him to know he was coming. Thanks for your posts. It really helped!

by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:02 AM
Replies (21-23):
strongerwtime
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:08 PM

ok yes forgot about that PPO....I agree with you.

Quoting mommynac:

Thanks. I can't get on the phone because it violates the PPO. Maybe I need to send him one more email and if he doesn't stop, have my attorney do it.

Quoting strongerwtime:

sounds like you may want to get on the phone and tell him yourself because no conversation like this should even come through your son like you said.  If he isnt following the order you DO have legal rights to say no.  You may have to do this for him to get that your are serious about this. YOur son may not understand the decision at first but this is why your ex choses to use your son in this way..he knows that if he gets YOUR SON to agree, you will be more reluctant to say no it cant happen.  am I right?  Dad needs to commit to the order and giving you heads up /schedule.  

strongerwtime
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:11 PM

read update!GOOD! you did it right.

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM

i'd tell DS that he cant make the decisions.. but they can decide on what to do, when his dad comes around... and that dad has to talk to mom first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)