Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Struggling with my feelings toward him

Posted by   + Show Post
Long story short, I'm in love with the father of my child and have been. He claims he has feelings for me still but doesn't want to commit because he's in love with his technically girlfriend and mother to his first child who happens to live in El Salvador. She is apparently on her way back here to be with him and knows nothing about me or our 9 month old son. He's not telling her until she gets here because he wants to explain to her in person and still be with her. I've still been hanging out with him once a week and we are still sexual. Well lately he's been making every excuse to not see me and it just makes me feel like a piece of crap :( I feel like I can't get any other guy. And I don't want any other one. It's messed up that after all that's happened that I still love and want to be with him, I know. I don't know what's wrong with me but I want to get over him once and for all. Any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Replies (11-14):
btrew
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM

you deserve better. The fact that you guys are having sex is not good. He must not love the other woman too much if he is still having a physical relationship with you. Let him be involved with your child but let him go

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:16 PM

you have low self esteem to put up with this crap. file for support and custody and be done. stop screwing him. stop hanging around him. hes told you the truth.

start working on your own self esteem. yes, you can find someone else. love is a two way street. if only you love him, thats not love.

steviechick
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM

When a woman sees the man she's sleeping with not tell the other woman he's supposedly not in love with about doing the dirty deed together he's certainly NOT worth keeping.  Take it from me.  I'm experienced in this area.  My ex couldnt' tell me he was having an affair for three years.   He also had fathered two kids in the process with his bimbo.  He only told me when he could literally run away half-way around the world.  He obviously doesn't respect me nor the bimbo he's with right now.  If he had respected both of us he would have told me - his wife- of his affair and he would have been proud to be with his bimbo instead of hide her from everyone. 

Barblicious
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Read the web site Baggage Reclaim. This man sounds like a classic case of an emotional unavailable user.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN