Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Any LA County moms?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:25 AM
  • 5 Replies
I have been thinking of moving to Cali in the next couple of years. Maybe summer of 2014. I have been looking into rentals, but with the cost of living out there it seems as if I would be better of buying. It would lower costs by about $1000. My rent now is $620/mo for a 3 bedroom house whereas there it would be about $2100 for a 2 bedroom apartment. My mom has a guaranteed income of $700. I am a front desk worker at a Hilton brand hotel. I work for a company that allows for transfers. How much does a front desk worker make in LA/Hollywood? We have a few hotels in the LA area where I could go and have about 3 years experience with Hilton, or 3 years hotel experience with another brand. Our company owns some hotels of different brands as well. I have been looking around Agoura or Santa Clarita. I don't want to live IN LA.....just driving distance. I don't receive child support even though it is court ordered. Right now I won't ask for it as we aren't even following the visitation order either. It will help when I decide to move. I have to either have his dad's permission (not likely) or the judges permission to move out of state. Would most likely end up homeschooling. My son would have to fly back for visitation ($200 round trip) so that would have to be added into our income. It is a direct flight so I wouldn't mind him flying alone.....I think I wouldn't mind.....I probably would!
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I am not there but here is a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Cost of living is high in LA but they do pay more I had to move to San Bernardino mountains so I could afford it (Crestline) I work down the hill and its only 15 min from target
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeniNicole83
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I was told a front desk worker makes about $10-12 an hour. I currently get paid $8.75/hr for 6 months experience with the same hotel brand.
xpectingmama10
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I live in LA county on Catalina island about 21 miles in the ocean outside long beach. It's the most expensive here. We are moving to orange county in a few months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Never been there but wish you luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN