Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

need some advice

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:03 AM
  • 8 Replies
My ex hubs and I have a hybrid of 50/50. Its not a true 50/50. But he does see the kids every day pretty much after work til about 9. So for about 5 hours.

He lives with his crazy girlfriend and her son. He gets the kids every other weekend.

But what I am wondering is how would you deal with an ex that is nice when he isn't around his girlfriend or her son. But then when he is, its right back to the jackass he is. I feel I'm dealing with Dr jeckyl and Mr Hyde.

What would you do??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MockingJay
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I would ask him " You are you always such a dick in front of your girlfriend?"

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:13 AM
I had the same issue, except now he's a jerk all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:20 AM
He told me the other day when we actually were able to talk. That she is a crazy jealous b. She thinks he still likes me. He probably does. I was the one that ended the marriage. Plus we were together for 6.5 years. Married for 5.5 and have two kids together.

He even told me that she will get mad when I give him pictures of the kids. It has nothing to do with the actual pictures but just for the fact that they came from me!

Quoting MockingJay:

I would ask him " You are you always such a dick in front of your girlfriend?"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Ugh sorry you are having to go through this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM
It's pretty common I think.

I would limit contact with him. No need to put yourself in a position to be treated like crap no matter how nice he is at other times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:29 PM
He has the kids pretty much every day. So we have to communicate. I've been civil with him about somethings. That other women might have already pursued.

IMO he just needs to man up and tell his gf to get over the fact that he has to talk to me. We have kids together. That I am not like her and will not give up my kids.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

I would limit contact with him. No need to put yourself in a position to be treated like crap no matter how nice he is at other times.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Men don't man up when it comes to their current SOs.

Quoting a06z08mama:

He has the kids pretty much every day. So we have to communicate. I've been civil with him about somethings. That other women might have already pursued.

IMO he just needs to man up and tell his gf to get over the fact that he has to talk to me. We have kids together. That I am not like her and will not give up my kids.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:36 PM
My bf does. But I think maturity has a lot to do with it! My bf is older than me and he is older than my ex. I have found that I needed to skip a few years in order to find a good one.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Men don't man up when it comes to their current SOs.

Quoting a06z08mama:

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN