Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:29 PM
  • 31 Replies

I just got a phone call from my 6 year olds Kindergarden teacher saying that hes one more write up from being suspended!!! My son is a very out going kid and very very energtic...very hard for him to be still unless hes doing something he wants to do...nomal child I thought...but he won't stay on his mat during rest time, he won't stay in his seat during class time...and now today on the playground him and another little boy was comparing their "wink wink" as my son calls his male stuff to each other...what am I going to do??? I'm at a loss...I done took away everything of his and told him he wasn't going to his pawpaw's on saturday like he always does cause he thinks the world of his pawpaw...nothing seems to work...they want me to put him on meds to chill him out but I really don't want to do the meds way cause I've seen how it effects kids and I don't want my son to be like that...PLEASE MOMS HELP ME!!! Has anybody else had this problem or something close...if so what did you do to fix it??? Cause I've done everything I can think of...HELP!!!

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:34 PM
We have a rule, no smiley ....no outside time after school.

My son doesn't like to shut up during school or stay in his seat. this rule seems to be working though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I've heard diet can have a lot to do with hyperactivity. Making some changes there could help you avoid medication.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:58 PM
HAVE A MEETING WTH THE TEACHER ..HAVE A TALK WTH UR SON.
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:03 PM
What interventions have they done at school as punishment?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I think its time to talk to a behavioral therapist and the pediatrition for possible meds. I know thats not a popular answer nowadays but I still bellieve in it. Made a world of difference in my 6 y/o that acted just like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree, as a teacher, that meds help in some cases. However, it depends on what interventions the school has tried. Too many people want to avoid trying everything on their end and want meds to be the first option. It should be a last resort, IMO.

Quoting Robsessed98:

I think its time to talk to a behavioral therapist and the pediatrition for possible meds. I know thats not a popular answer nowadays but I still bellieve in it. Made a world of difference in my 6 y/o that acted just like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alc4evermom
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Have you tried running him for a mile before school?  Burn that energy off!!!!  I feel bad for kids that can't sit still in class when they are little, because they are bored and uninterested, and it doesn't make them wrong to the point where the system should drug them until their poor little brain chemistry changes beyond repair.  Good Lord

queensweet
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:52 PM
There is nothing wrong with your son. The school system is designed as "one size fits all" a.k.a. assimilate or be punished. This is unfair because every human being is unique. Please do not put him on meds. Have you asked his pawpaw to talk to him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chirpymama87
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with a few of the moms here. Change of diet to avoid prescription intervention, and running a quarter mile, mile, whatever before school. Some kids benefit from expelling morning energy, maybe before breakfast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kbear77
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM
My son was acting out so we went to a children's counselor. He was able to help us figure out what was going on, it definitely couldn't hurt to talk to a professional.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)