Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

only child acting out

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter is the the sweetest girl ever, but recently i loved back in with my mom and i feel like now my daughter is pushing her attitude problem a little to far. I think its because my mom is here either spoiling her or not disciplining her. So she gas been acting out when i go to try to correct her. I'm not sure what to do anymore!
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lydi
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:26 PM

i had that issue with my dd and mother also. i had to talk with my mom and have her back off during daily routine stuff and only spoil her during grandma/granddaughter time. and then i stuck to my and her daily living routines. my dd got confussed on who was the boss so i had instill it in her that i was not grandma.   some grandmas dont want to back off and some wont but you need to speak with her, maybe she isnt even aware of it.  but hopefully things can be worked out and go back to normal.

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I'm having this issue again lately because DS was told he would be getting a bday gift and never received it. And yep, I have to deal with this now.

tyfry7496
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Give her time to get used to the new situation and talk to your mom about following YOUR parenting style and wishes. You may be living with her but you are still the mom. I had to do this with my parents and afterward my son learned that we were all on the same page and stopped acting out. Also, be sure to spend some tme with just her, outside of the house.

kenzeesmomma
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Thanks for all your input! I have talked to my mom, so she is trying to ease up thank goodness and let me be the parent. Now i have to get my daughter to understand I'm the boss not her.but we well get there. :)
bamababe1975
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I agree.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Give her time to get used to the new situation and talk to your mom about following YOUR parenting style and wishes. You may be living with her but you are still the mom. I had to do this with my parents and afterward my son learned that we were all on the same page and stopped acting out. Also, be sure to spend some tme with just her, outside of the house.

PaperClip811
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM

talk to your mom. Try to develop some consistency in dealing with her attitude and other discipline issues. Hopefully your mom is willing to work with you. 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM

My mom hears things that are going in between me and my DD and she has responded not so well though.  They are small things like how much money my DD spends on herself and if she's going to be able to afford her apt.  I told my mom I was once 18 and lived on my own for a while.  I made mistakes with money and soon learned how to live on a budget.  My mom has been a major worry wort for me and my DD ever since my divorce, but I know where she's coming from.  She is concerned on how we both move on from a very tragic divorce and family shake-up.  I guess I can see her point. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)