Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Court Thursday need advice!!!......Update!!

I'm new to this site, just joined a couple days ago. I'm 23 years old, I have a 4 month old lil girl. I go to court this Thursday for the first hearing for custody, that I filed for. Her father is a POS, he has only held/ seen her twice since we came home from the hospital. The last time he held her she cried until i took her back. I haven't gotten anything from him to help with my daughter. I want sole physical and legal custody, but my daughter gets social security checks because her father gets disability checks. He can work but chooses not too. I wanted to know that if I get sole legal custody will my daughter stop receiving checks? I'm taking a shot in asking this here, hoping someone will know.

I'm terrified of going to court. I don't have a lawyer, because I can't afford one. I'm sure he will because his parents will get one for him. He's 43 years old ( yes I know huge age gap), lives at home with his parents. His mommy even washes his clothes and fixes him his meals. He's perfectly capable of doing it on his own. He's not disabled enough that he can't do for himself. Hes a volunteer firefighter and he has a license to conceal a gun. So he can't be that handicap right? Not according to him, he uses his disability to make everyone feel sorry for him.. Well boo hoo I don't ...

Sorry that was half a vent ..

Any advice for court?

UPDATE !!!...So BD showed up with his daddy of course,asking for a court appointed lawyer because of disability. The judge asked me what i wanted and i told him Sole physical custody ,was asked when the last time he seen her, I had all the dates wrote down. The judge then asked if there was paternity papers, of course he signed papers in the hospital agreeing he was the father. His parents put in his head to get a paternity test done, so of course the judge granted it. I had to pay 105 dollars for it so did he. When the papers come back he is the father, he has to give me my 105 dollars back. The judge asked him if he wanted to have visits before we come back to court, and get this HE SAID NO he will wait. WTF!!. Should have seen the look of the judges face when he said that, I don't think he was to happy with that answer. My daughter will be 7 months before we prolly go back to court. She won't want to have anything to do with him, because she still won't know who the hell he is.
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:59 AM
Replies (31-32):
PaperClip811
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:44 AM

well that was a dumb move on his part. Hope things go well at the next hearing. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Welcome! What a piece of work! He pretty much screwed himself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)