Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Social life of a single mom questions

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:16 AM
  • 28 Replies
How often do you get to go out on the weekend?
How many weekends out of a mouth are you free to do whatever you like? What does your week usually consist of?
What is the most socializing you say you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie2568
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I only go out maybe 5 times per year without my kids. My week is taking kids to school, picking them up, fixing supper, assisting with h/w and studying, family time, bedtime - everyday. Weekends - breakfast, family time, house chores, lunch, sports activities, house chores, family time, supper, church.

The most socializing I do is via phone/text. PTF meetings at school, talking in walmart or grocery store.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Tonight will be my first night out in months. My ex is to busy with his life to take kids onhis weekends so I have no life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tezell78
by Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Lol. Lets see, from june of last year until today, I have had exactly 2 full weekends with out ds. And 3 nights without him so 7 nights total. 4 of those nights I stayed home and cleaned.
I don't go out on the weekends.
I'm in school monday and wednesday. The rest of the week is typical single mom stuff, cook clean run errands, do homework, play with ds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gina_C
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I have never had a night out and DS is almost 2 and to be honest, I'm fine with that. I work full time, have him full time since BD has nothing to do with him, and quite frankly am too exhausted. Everyone tells me I need to go out and do this and that, but I really don't miss it. I'm pretty content
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butrfly1
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I find it difficult to get out as well. The weekends that the kids dad is suppose to take them he calls at the last minute and cancels or when he does take them he calls with questions regarding what to do. It makes it impossible to plan to do anything. When I do have free time I find it hard to do something with others because they are married/or in a relationship and don't have free time. I'm tired of doing things on my own. It seems so much more fun to do things with others. When I have the kids on weekends it would be so much more enjoyable if I could find other moms with kids to enjoy fun things to do with. My kids don't  like it when a man friend does anything with us. They immediately start acting out and are impossible. I wish I could find other moms with their children to do activites with on the weekends so my kids don't feel so threated by another man other than their dad in their lives right now. I'm divorced 2 years now. Does it ever get better or easier?

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Never

Never

Cleaning, grocery shopping, cleaning, & more cleaning

Church on Sundays

easinpc
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM
If he's in town my son goes to his dads ever other weekend, but I generally don't go out then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gina_C
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:23 AM
That's exactly my weekend lol

Quoting CampClan:

Never

Never

Church on Sundays

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Well when you're a single mom of 5 kids my age then there isn't much money available (other than for groceries & gas) & I have no friends that live in town that are single to go out with.

Quoting Gina_C:

That's exactly my weekend lol

Quoting CampClan:

Never

Never

Church on Sundays

Jnc91
by Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Sunday:enjoy time with my son

Monday: school, wake up at 4:30am-get home at 2pm(hr commute each way included)

Tuesday: wake at 6am,take ds to swim, then to preschool. Run errands

Wednesday: school,wake up at 4:30am-get home at 2pm. take ds to therapy at 3. Get home at 7. 4 hrs total commute

Thursday: wake at 6am,take ds to swim, then to preschool. Run errands

Friday: school, wake up at 4:30am-get home at 2pm(hr commute each way included

Saturday: wake at 6am, homework, errands.

I don't go out EVER!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN