Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bd stole

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:05 PM
  • 12 Replies
My baby daddy stole my ds birth certificate. He kept asking me for months for it. Because he claimed him on taxes. But was in trouble and needed the bc. Well like i said this was months ago. Anyway i went to look for it today and its missing. The original bc at that. And i have several copies he could have took. How do i knw get another original bc? And what can i do legally. I beyond pissed cause he also knws my ds ssn but doesnt have the card
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:29 PM
If he is on the bc he can obtain an original copy just as easy as you. There should be a county office you can go to (the county your child was born in) and request a copy and provide your ID and whatever else. He can't claim the kid if you're the one raising him. You need to claim the kid also AND take him to court. The IRS will be after his ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
engel
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:30 PM

1) Did you claim your ds on yourntaxes as well, or 2) does ds live with him for 6months or more in a year? If not on #1, then technically the only thing that he did wrong was steal the b/c. In most states having a father on the b/c gives him equal rights to yours.. HOWEVER, if your ds does NOT live with him for 6 months or more, by the federal standard, it is illegal for your ex to claim him without your permission. I would file a police report about the missing b/c so that your suspicions are in writing, but without solid proof, all the cops will do is ask him if he has it and can't go beyond there. To get a new B/C go to the city hall of the city that your ds was born in and request a new copy. It'll be like $25

tyfry7496
by Janet on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:34 PM
He's the father and can get an original copy as easily as you can. I don't think there's much you can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acastle2
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Why wouldn't you give him a copy if you had them? I am just asking it would have been less stress and how did he have access to the birth certificates in your house? Just go to the local office and get a new one cost about $25

Zacknalexmom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Quoting MeeshMom:

If he is on the bc he can obtain an original copy just as easy as you. There should be a county office you can go to (the county your child was born in) and request a copy and provide your ID and whatever else. He can't claim the kid if you're the one raising him. You need to claim the kid also AND take him to court. The IRS will be after his ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Proud-young-mom
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Because we are friends. This was back in april we he asked. So i didnt think anything of it. Until i notice it was missing today. He was here last week. I knw he took it because he the only one who wanted it. Strange its missing

Quoting acastle2:

Why wouldn't you give him a copy if you had them? I am just asking it would have been less stress and how did he have access to the birth certificates in your house? Just go to the local office and get a new one cost about $25

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Proud-young-mom
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Because he had no right to call my ds. My ds lives here. He got 4000 and didnt give me sht. And that when i notify the irs. He said like a month later. Can i have ds birtch certificate? Im like 4 what. He said he needed it to get his tax return. He had to have proof of the child. So he stole it. Than he had a friend claim him cause he wasnt working. He was doing illegal sht with it. And it not right.

Quoting acastle2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acastle2
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM

That sucks he didn't give you anything to help out especially if he didn't work all year. Before the IRS gets involved I would look at yall's agreement to see if there is a clause where yall alternate years with claiming DS.

Quoting Proud-young-mom:

Because he had no right to call my ds. My ds lives here. He got 4000 and didnt give me sht. And that when i notify the irs. He said like a month later. Can i have ds birtch certificate? Im like 4 what. He said he needed it to get his tax return. He had to have proof of the child. So he stole it. Than he had a friend claim him cause he wasnt working. He was doing illegal sht with it. And it not right.

Quoting acastle2:

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Well, your ex did take the bc when he wasn't supposed to.  In fact, he should know he can get another copy (looks like the original) from the county in which your son was born.  My ex "lost" my bc.  So, I had to request a new one.  I filled out he request form, sent in a check for $25, and a copy of my ID.  I got a copy within 7 business days.  I would have the IRS investigate your ex's tax return for this year.  IF he filled out any exemptions he can be in serious trouble.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM

If you go to your states (or countys) website there are steps on there that tell you how to request a new one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)