Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ex is so frustrating I just can't hardly take it anymore!!

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have been divorced a little over a year. My ex is supposed to have every other weekend visitation but he usually winds up canceling one weekend a month. I only have one weekend of peace and now he is considering moving. He was supposed to have them this weekend and of course he canceled! And of course I had a date planned that I now have to cancel!! He won't pay his child support consistently and of course he is in the rears in child support. I mean i work two jobs to try to provide and no family anywhere near me. Why/how is it so easy for men to discard their own children!! I know I'm venting but as a single mom I don't get out much. It's just so frustrating!!!!!!! I mean there are times I jut want to throw my hands up!! I mean who is gonna date me when I have my kids 24/7. I love my kids but it's just so frustrating!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom5150
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:12 PM
My ex is the same. I do have family close, but they won't babysit for a date, unless it was a special occasion. I am off during the week usually, so I see my bf then. The kids are at school. I have found it very hard to make plans when it's his weekend, cause you never know! I hear ya!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m2b8609
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:35 PM

how far away is he moving. cant you stop him if he goes so far? (not that it seems it would matter) . have you contacted someone about the child support?

I know here theres parent time out that could be handy

amylulu1
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Vent away...they are such selfish assholes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rivergirl70
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM
My ex has very little to do with dd anymore, calls sometimes but doesn't pick her up as much for visits. I really could use a weekend once and awhile for myself. Ugh!!
mytrueloveS
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Right, that's my brother for you.  There should be a law that states men like that can't breed anymore.  Try getting a babysitter for a couple of hours.  

Momof232
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:47 PM
I have had a case open with child support enforcement since March. All I get when I call them is that my file is in the legal department and it's a waiting game. I get no help. It's like the men have no consequences for not doing their part and we just have to deal with it. Even though I was married to an abusive man he still get's to manipulate and do what he wants with nobody to stop him. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:08 PM

What does your settlement agreement say about visitation and him moving to another state?  I would look into adjusting that settlement simply due to the ex's visitation schedule and he's moving to another state which means he might want to come and get the kids and take them for a while.  Call your atty and see what you can do to request a hearing with the court about this messed up visitation.  I would also look into cs and find out if you can garnish his wages for non-payment or the mere fact that he's not paying on a timely schedule.  I know it sucks having to deal with your exes schedule.  I have no family nearby me at all and if my daughter was little I would fall back on friends to watch her so I could go out.  See if you have any friends that can step up and babysit while you have some much deserved free time.

victoriahearts
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I have a similiar issue with my ex, my ex has only seen our son three times this year. I mostly depend on our nanny and grandparents to get some time to myself. I'm sorry it totally sucks and I can relate. 

owl0210
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:51 PM

You need to file a motion for contempt if he isn't paying child support. I understand where you're coming from because my ex-husband travels for work and I usually end up taking his weekends sometimes. I would hire a babysitter that way you can still have adult time. That's what I did.

ChgIsGood2012
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Quoting m2b8609:

how far away is he moving. cant you stop him if he goes so far? (not that it seems it would matter) . have you contacted someone about the child support?

I know here theres parent time out that could be handy

I don't think she can stop him from moving. I believe he would still be obliagated for support and would have to let the courts know his whereabouts, but that's it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN