Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

do you leave your kids at daycare/ sitters...

Posted by   + Show Post
Between work an school my dd is with sitter 6 days a week from 5 to 7 hours a day.... Ive done it alone since birth, no family help ... My question is do you think it's terrible parenting to send child to sitter just so you can have alone time? A co worker does it and I feel bad for her ds. I guess I'm just not at that point yet? I miss my dd terribly and feel guilty she is there to begin with....so ASAP I'm there to pick her up... I don't have any time without her and the rare occasion I did I worried dk much I didn't enjoy myself/left early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Replies (41-45):
lightoftheworld
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:17 AM
I frequently use a babysitter to get some ME time (about 1-2x/week), but I always go out in the evenings. Usually the kids are ready for bed and in their jammies when she arrives. I dont feel so guilty about going out because I know they will be sleeping 80% of the time anyway :). Plus they LOVE having a babysitter, they think it is so fun! Win, win!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:19 AM
We have absolutely no family or friends here. Yes it would be wonderful to at least have the option to leave them at grandmas for a couple hours but I can't and daycare is expensive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:01 AM

My kids go to a regular daycare. Every other weekend, they spend the night at my mom's house. I don't see anything wrong with leaving them with a sitter, I just never have.

rae021
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I would love that. It's prob even nicer knowing they are home and in their own beds.

Quoting lightoftheworld:

I frequently use a babysitter to get some ME time (about 1-2x/week), but I always go out in the evenings. Usually the kids are ready for bed and in their jammies when she arrives. I dont feel so guilty about going out because I know they will be sleeping 80% of the time anyway :). Plus they LOVE having a babysitter, they think it is so fun! Win, win!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiffytifftiff
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM

No it's not. Where i live you have to pay the full anount 3 days or the full week. And you don't get a refund if you don't use it all. So if you pay for it and have a day off that falls when they are at daycare or sitter use it. There is no harm having "Me time"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)