Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Failure

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:35 AM
  • 8 Replies

My son is not even a year old yet and I feel like I have already failed him as a mother because I haven't been able to get his father to stay with me. He left when I was six months pregnant and hasn't looked back. I wanted so much to have a family and be happy with him but I couldn't keep him around. I feel like such a failure. And what makes it worst was that he left me for his own cousin!!! I was heartbroken and grossed out at the same time. They didn't stay together long because I told his family about them and they put an end to it, but it still hurts and makes me feel like there muct be something wrong with me if I can't keep my man from screwing his own relatives. God he even had to pass my house on the way to go see her. I must really be a bad girlfriend for a guy to do that to me.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
babid14
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont know you but he was going to do what he wanted eveb if you were the best girlfriends. Thats gross he was with his own cousin. You shouldnt feel bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMama011613
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:51 AM
2 moms liked this
The man that was made for you will worship the ground you walk on. You are going to be overwhelmed at the relentless love and adoration you receive, and the man that was made for you will NEVER make you feel unwanted. Please dont settle for anything less. You are not a failure for someone else's wrongdoing and sin. You are so much better than that, and you should walk with your head held high that you are rid of this man. This is now your time to focus on yourself and your son and learn how to find peace with yourself without having to have someone else validate you <3 Be strong and know that this is for the better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluerivergirl
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this

A Failure is someone who abandons, abuses, or neglects her child.... have you done any of those things?  No !  You have been a sweet, loving,loyal, patient and beautiful friend to a man who is clearly......  a FAILURE!

I couldn't say it any better than ProudMama011613....  you need to move on cuz out there is a man who will be good for you and bring you happiness, you just have to tough out the frogs.....

luvlexi

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

you can't make someone want to be a fathers.  All you can do is give your child the best life possible. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Hugs!  And you can't tell yourself that you were a bad girlfriend, obviously the guy has issues if he wanted to date his cousin! 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:59 AM

You are not a failure at all.  Your ex decided to cheat on you and with someone that was blood relations.  I call that utterly disgusting.  My ex had an affair on me.  I will always see myself as a winner.   I AM a good wife, a good mom, a loyal and dedicated human being to the human race.  HE failed our marriage by stepping out and being a douche bag.  HE failed our relationship as well as his own daughter.  Keep your head held high knowing that you were a decent girlfriend who was faithful and loyal to her man.  Your child will some day give you praise for being a decent human being that knows the concept of a relationship, honor and decency that goes with it. 

Bluerivergirl
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:43 PM

TRUTH !!!!!

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

you can't make someone want to be a fathers.  All you can do is give your child the best life possible. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)