Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Neighborhood picking on my son because he has a single mom

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:50 AM
  • 14 Replies

Hi All. 

There is a girl in our neighborhood, about 1 year younger than my son, who picks on him on the bus.  Apparently she is always attacking me "your mom works at night, that is so weird".  "your mom is old".  "at least my parents dont fight so much they had to divorce".... I know this little girl must know a lot because her mom is a  recess aide  at their school and the school was deep in my business because I had to take a 1 yr restraining order against my ex.  

On the other hand, I know this little girl is going through a lot because she was the youngest until recently when her mom had twins so she is probably looking for attention using the negative route. 

It is starting to bother my son,  Should I contact the school, the girls' parents, or just let it ride? 

Thanks

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erinmomofone
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I think the school would be the best since it is happening on the bus. She bullying him and schools are suppose to not take it light and enforce no bullying. That's my suggestion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

It's sad because this little girl is obviously learning it from somewhere. I would speak to the school.

CutieCrab
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Speak to the school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh my goodness how sad. 

deltathree
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Been there hun - so sorry - hugs....

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I would start with the parents and go from there if they don't resolve the issue.  Good luck!

strongerwtime
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:20 PM

nope make contact...I had to do the same TODAY! Something possibly similar....dont let it ride.

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
u need to talk to the mom ,child.. let the girl know its not nice ,hurtful to talk to ppl that way ..
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I would go to the school since it is happening on the bus. Even if her mom knows what's going on in your life doesn't mean her daughter needs to know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acastle2
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Let the school know what is going on because obviously her mom likes to run her mouth and everything which shows she has NO couth whatsoever and that is not good for the school to have someone like that working around the children. What else has she told the little girl that the little girl is using to bully other kids? If the little girl is being the abusive emotionally right now imagine what she will turn into when she is older. It doesn't matter that she just got twin siblings doesn't mean she has to treat others like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN