Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Neighborhood picking on my son because he has a single mom

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi All. 

There is a girl in our neighborhood, about 1 year younger than my son, who picks on him on the bus.  Apparently she is always attacking me "your mom works at night, that is so weird".  "your mom is old".  "at least my parents dont fight so much they had to divorce".... I know this little girl must know a lot because her mom is a  recess aide  at their school and the school was deep in my business because I had to take a 1 yr restraining order against my ex.  

On the other hand, I know this little girl is going through a lot because she was the youngest until recently when her mom had twins so she is probably looking for attention using the negative route. 

It is starting to bother my son,  Should I contact the school, the girls' parents, or just let it ride? 

Thanks

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Replies (11-14):
ms-superwoman
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Contact the school. She shouldn't be telling kids these things... wtf?

isabellah
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

As far as your son does he have any friends on the bus that he can sit with?  Can you take your son to another stop where maybe there is a buddy for him to be with.  Does he have friends at school and is he doing well otherwise.

Not sure how I would deal with the school since the woman is an employee there and politics at school can be really hard.  In an ideal world the schoo needs to know and if the child really is hearing this from the mother who is talking about school business then the school needs to know about this because the mother is not just talking about you at home but all the other kids and all the other parents as well.  Not professional. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Contact her mother about the situation. 

Shaybay218
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I'd speak to both cause she got to be getting it from her mom and her mom works at the school right? Her mom has no right to tell your business that's confidential...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)