Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Should it be a concern or not?

I have a concern I been hearing yes he should from friends but I don't know. I have been with my ex fiance knowing am a single mother and knows how difficult it can be has helped me when he could. He would give me gas money or whatever I need it even thou I rejected he would have stuffed it in my pocket. My kids dad did the same but we had kids and lived together for about 4 years thats a little different. So I'm used to having a guy help me in both ways financial and all. Now I'm with someone who is different from what I'm used to he makes me happy and treats me good but as far financial part not so good. We live 2.5 hours away and I'm trying to move closer and want to do a cna class but I'm short he knows and never offered to help pay for it and its not much either. So now I know financially he will never help seems like if it came down and we end up living together one day it will be separate on bills and things like that. Its different but I don't know if I should worry about it or not. My friendss say hes my bf and should offer to help. To me I think hes not obligated to do so am not his wife. So should I let it go or be a concern? Thank You ladies.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Replies (21-23):
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM
IMO he is not obligated to help financially unless you live together. It would be nice if he could, but he certainly doesnt owe it to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM

well right now it ISNT his job to support you. just because hes not supporting you now doesnt mean he wont in a marriage. i think you need to talk adn find out his tance. its better to be self sufficent anyways.

victoriahearts
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I agree with this 

Quoting PaperClip811:

I dont think its a red flag.. obviously before you choose to move in finances are something you should talk about, not assume one way or the other... but you are right--- it's not his responsibility to help you financially.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)