Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

OMG SHUT UP ALREADY!

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:40 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Is what I want to tell my friend that has no kids.

Don't tell me that I'm still young and I need to force my POS ex to keep our kids so I can have some ME time.  I know what my responsibilities are.  You have NO kids you have no fucking clue what it's like to have to pick up another's parenting slack and raise 3 kids on your own while the other parent is 12 miles down the road. SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY.

I'm not about to push my kids onto him so he can blow up my phone and i'll have to go get them anyway because I just can't leave my kids somewhere they are not wanted.  Don't give me shit that I'm not ripping him apart legally.  I don't have to.  He does it himself.  Like at the child suport hearing yesterday, they only knew about his SS income, HE is the dumb ass that brought proof of his VA income too.  I didn't have to tell them he got two checks.  He ALWAYS shoots himself in the foot.  I get what I want and come off smelling like a rose because he's an idiot.

I am choosing how to handle this situation, YOU AREN'T A PART OF IT.

And as far as the kids go, when they are old enough to understand and figure it out on their own, THEY will tell him what a piece of crap he is.  I don't have to.  Not like he'd listen to me anyway.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I can completely relate how you feel in regards to this.  A guy I was dating told me very similar things, needless to say, we aren't dating anymore.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I have a friend that once told me that I was about to go bazerk and should seek a shrink.  Needless to say we aren't friends anymore.  I'm sure she also told everyone else we knew I was messed up.  Yeah, right.  You try and get over a three year affair that resulted in two kids being born out of wedlock, furniture snuck from your home, money embezzled from you, and you ended up financially supporting yourself and paying for just about everything your 'loving' husband left in your lap while he chased after someone 16 years younger than he is.  Let's see how well you do once that happens to you.  Oh, and I haven't taken one drink since the divorce and I've actually lost 10 lbs and I'm in the best shape of my life!  HA!

PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:36 PM

let it out girl!!

idiots... they're everywhere!

mhaney03
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Quoting steviechick:

I have a friend that once told me that I was about to go bazerk and should seek a shrink.  Needless to say we aren't friends anymore.  I'm sure she also told everyone else we knew I was messed up.  Yeah, right.  You try and get over a three year affair that resulted in two kids being born out of wedlock, furniture snuck from your home, money embezzled from you, and you ended up financially supporting yourself and paying for just about everything your 'loving' husband left in your lap while he chased after someone 16 years younger than he is.  Let's see how well you do once that happens to you.  Oh, and I haven't taken one drink since the divorce and I've actually lost 10 lbs and I'm in the best shape of my life!  HA!

How did you not kill him?

Oh and I have also lost weight and am getting into shape.  Since I joined my kids' taekwondo class, he doesn't show up anymore and that tells you one thing:  he was there to talk to ME, not see the kids.  Now that i've joined and can't sit and talk to him for an hour, he doesn't show.

ChgIsGood2012
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Yep, people who don't have children do not understand our struggles.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Vent away!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acastle2
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Quoting PaperClip811:

let it out girl!!

idiots... they're everywhere!

Barblicious
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes I think that single friends PUSH that shit - because they NEED you to hang out with them. They need someone to party with and can't understand how you as a parent could possibly want to stay home with kids. They also (usually) have a hate-on for men, and want you to unleash THEIR hatred on your ex, and can't understand how simply immature that is = specially when kids are involved. As a result I no longer hang out with single friends that have no kids.

Equally though I must say their are some meddling marrieds that want you to do this or do that, and somehow I feel they too are just out to make themselves feel better about their lives by messing in yours. 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Quoting mhaney03:

Quoting steviechick:

How did you not kill him?

Oh and I have also lost weight and am getting into shape.  Since I joined my kids' taekwondo class, he doesn't show up anymore and that tells you one thing:  he was there to talk to ME, not see the kids.  Now that i've joined and can't sit and talk to him for an hour, he doesn't show.

It's easy not to kill the bastard.  I simply believe in karma.  ; )

My daughter was in karate.  Actually she was a brown belt going for her black belt when she decided to quit.  She was 9 when this happened.  She loved her katas but hated to spar.  My ex was into karate when he was little so that's how our DD got started.  Working out in any venue or form is great.  I run almost every night and on the weekends.  I also have ran in several 5k's.  I'm looking into joining a local zumba class and am hoping for a spinning bike from a friend.  I need to work on my thunder thighs a wee bit and a small poofy stomach.  Good to see your ex not bugging you.  Of course, I'm sure you can kick his butt around a few times now that you are into taekwondo. 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Quoting Barblicious:

Sometimes I think that single friends PUSH that shit - because they NEED you to hang out with them. They need someone to party with and can't understand how you as a parent could possibly want to stay home with kids. They also (usually) have a hate-on for men, and want you to unleash THEIR hatred on your ex, and can't understand how simply immature that is = specially when kids are involved. As a result I no longer hang out with single friends that have no kids.

Equally though I must say their are some meddling marrieds that want you to do this or do that, and somehow I feel they too are just out to make themselves feel better about their lives by messing in yours. 

Woah!  I had a friend just like that.  She leashed out on her hate for ALL men - including mine - when we were 'happily' married.  She was married twice and both of her exes were abusive.  However, she just wouldn't stop on the hate thing.  I was annoyed by it several times.  We aren't friends anymore.  My married friend likes drama, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with her meddling into my personal life. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)