Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

When did your baby stay overnight with his/her father?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:36 PM
  • 24 Replies

I have a 2 1/2 week old and her dad is already pressuring me to allow him to take her overnight, or likely for a weekend since we don't live in the same city.

I know it's way too early right now, but I'm curious when other women felt comfortable not having the baby for a weekend.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jade89
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:58 PM
If you are breast feeding usually not until 1 can they go over night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:15 PM

he wasnt around for the first year, so my son was a little over 2 when he started overnights. I don't know how different it would have been if he were around in that first year...

dragonfly.1982
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Ds was 10 months but me and his dad were married until he was 9 months so he knew how to take care of him. This baby Im shooting for 8 months before single over nights and 1 year before weekends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitneymf
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:25 PM

i dont think i can ever let my son stay over night with his father. he drinks everynight and has a crazy 18 yr old girl living there who parties all the time. i havent had my son yet but things wont change my mind when he is born i think that the only time he will be with his son is when im around. 

babycakes041903
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Do you have a baby with my ex too? I'm in the same situation and am trying to push it out to a year but I know we'll end up in court before then because he doesn't agree with me on much. My dd is 3 months old and until she was 6 weeks he could come see her at my house while I was there and then at 6 weeks I let him have her for 2 hrs/3xweek. When she turns four months I'll let him have her for 2.5 hrs/2xweek and every other Saturday from 10-6. I'm not super comfortable with my schedule because I EBF but I'm hoping it'll keep him off my back for a while. Good luck; I hope you have a better ex than me.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM

My children started later in life, due to a scandolous divorce.

mrene88
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Mine wont start till he's a little over 2. That's court ordered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM

My baby is almost 8 moths and she has not stayed away from home yet...

Orlandosmom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:56 PM
I'm glad someone asked this question I also have a 2 week old and my baby's father wants to start getting him over night when he's like 6 months but the first year of his life I'm going where ever my baby goes he can't even take him for a couple of hours he has to visit him at my house your baby's father may be more responsible then mine because didnt even know how to make chili dogs for himself until I showed him a couple of days ago and he doesn't know how to feed his son or change him and he drinks way to much and parties to much so that is why not until he's one and he has to still be living with his mom so I know at least someone will know how to take care of him
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)