Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
Do you believe that becoming a mother means you have to sacrafice yourself? Do you feel guilty if you leave your child to do something just for you? Do you even do anything child free for yourself? Do you feel guilty if you spend money on your own wants?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Replies (21-23):
Blessed_Mommy87
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I love being a mom I know I can't do some things such as turning the job I would love to have beacause it will take to much time away from my kids. It has been over a year since I had an actual break my kids are with their dad visiting and I feel guilty because am having some free time and get to out  some. I spent a little since they left but yes I felt guilty because I feel like I should have got some for them so now I buy something for me and them. So yes as a mom there are some sacrifes you have to do but its all worth it in the end:)

Gina_C
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey, I totally understand. I'm still me, still like the same things as before I had my son. I guess my thing is I don't understand why people have kids then complain so much about never having enough "me" time. Would I like a night out? Sure. But I'm not gonna leave him with anyone who will take him just so I am have a social life. And I am totally not saying you do this, I just see it a lot. I think too for me it may be different because I am a single mom, I work 50+ hours a week and the only real time I have with him is on the weekends.

I don't think you have to chose one or the other. But for me, right now, this is what I want :)

Quoting PaperClip811:

I guess I just don't see becoming a mother as choosing to be 'just a mom'. I still like movies and concerts and swearing (lol). I place a lot of value on family time, but I consider my family my child's family... If grandpa wants an afternoon with him then I'll take advantage and meet a girlfriend to chit chat and not have to be interupted 17 times in a 1/2 hr.

But.. Different strokes for different folks :) I don't think less of you for not wanting a life outside of your family, I just don't think the concept of 'me time' is something moms should be ashamed of...

Quoting Gina_C:

Well, I don't think I am sacrificing anything. I chose to be a mom. I don't feel guilty because I don't leave him except to go to work. And that is a necessity. To me, family time is more important than me time

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

yes, yes, and yes!  I'm all my kids have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN