Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Deciding who gets ds on the holidays

Posted by   + Show Post

Me and my ex are trying to decide who gets ds on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was thinking spliting each holiday between the both of us because I am not willing to give up a holiday with my son. Holidays have always been a big deal for me and my family and it is important to me to spend them with ds and my family. My ex has always hated holidays and never celebrated any of them but now he wants him on Thanksgiving and Christmas so I'm trying to figure out something fair for the both of us.

How do you do holidays with your child(ren) and your ex?

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Replies (11-14):
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:27 PM
We have always alternated years on everything except Christmas. Tbey were alwaays with me on Christmas Eve when my family,has always celebrated and he would get her at noon Christmas Day until New Years Day.
ForRaineW_Love
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:57 PM

She spends the Eve of the holiday with one parent and the day of with the other. Then we alternate this schedule each year.

Last year she had Christmas Eve/Morning with me, Christmas Day with dad. This year she'll have Eve with him, and come home sometime Christmas day.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM
In our papers it says we have to rotate even and odd years. But we get along most of the time so we just split the day usually unless my ex is working and then I get the whole day. My job is never open major holidays but he is in corrections so they don't "close". We just work it out depending on what time my family does dinner or gifts and vice versa. I know you said you arent willing to give him up on a holiday but if you and your ex can't agree, that's what's going to happen. It sucks but its just part of divorce sadly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM
We rotate Thanksgiving but both still see him for a little bit that day, and split Christmas day. We alternate who has him morning and afternoon. It works for us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN