Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

scared to ever date again because of daughter

Posted by   + Show Post
I probably won't date for a while because im in the process of getting my life together. But for the future I worry that no man will ever want me since I have a child by another man . I also am fearful of meeting perverts since I have a daughter though I know there are perverts into Little boys too. I know I will go to jail if a man even looks aty daughter in any unsavory type of way! Any other mothers have the same fears as me? Or anyone dated after having these fears ?
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Replies (11-17):
mz23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Quoting Orlandosmom:

I am going through those fears it's scary when you have to think about more then just you because I would want someone to treat my son as their own even though he has a father that loves him but I feel like how do I leave my son to start dating because I don't want him to think that I'm putting him second I know I have awhile till I have to really worry about all that since he's only 2 weeks old and I'm not dating right now but I still worry about it all

Honestly, I haven't even considered the time I'll have to put forth getting to know the person. The thought of dating seems like a daunting task.
mz23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Quoting flawskii:

I have those same fears and I am a mother to a daughter as well. It's going to take some time before i even think about introducing a potential mate to my daughter. And trust me, I am the same way, if a man looks at my daughter is a unacceptable manner he's likey to be blind and if he touches her, well she be getting raised by her gma because I'd kill with no hestitation.

Lol the same situation would happen per here. That person would be 6ft in the ground and I would be behind bars. I'm glad I'm not the only person with these,worries.
mz23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Quoting MaddieLainesMom:

I was terrified to date again after I broke off the engagement to DD's dad. I thought I would spend my life devoting my time to DD and wanting around for the guy who would never come. But to my surprise I have found a really great guy. I think it's all about being really up front. I dated a few times other than the guy I'm with now. I came to the date and the first things out of my mouth were, "I have a little girl who means the world to me. If this is going to move forward you have to accept that she comes first and that you are getting a packaged deal. She comes right along with me." I felt like if they could accept that then we could date and see where it goes. To me putting it out there right away just solidifed how important that was. If they could get over that being the FIRST thing I said then we had a chance. But none of them met my DD. The only one who has passed the test of time is my bf Grant. We dated for a good 6 months before he met my DD. It was a casual thing since she came to see me at work and he worked with me. It probably would have been later that they met if it weren't for that. I also did a background check and a few other things before he could spend a lot of time at the house. Just for peace of mind. He gave me the info and stuff up front. Now he and my DD are inseparable. They love to chat it up. They already have a plan set up for the zombie apocalyspe and have a date to see the movie Hotel Transylvania when he gets back from his work trip.

She drew him this yesterday. Trust me, it is possible!

Awe that is too sweet. I hope me and my dd find a man who will love and cherish us as a package deal. Thanks I feel more hopeful that this is possible (not that I'm desperate). I will just let things happen as they will and won't stress about finding someone now.
mz23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Thank you all for your responses you've all helped a lot.
SaraSnider
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM
I have the same fears but i have a dd and ds. So now my life is more crazy. I dont plan on dating for at least a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAJ2921
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I don't have those fears..personally speaking I'm just not ready nor interested in dating and when I do start I plan on taking my sweet time and ANY man who can't get with that is gonna get shown THE DOOR. Period.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:23 PM
When you find the right guy it will be right. Take your time and don't sertle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN