Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

a son who want listen who is 13 years of age

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:41 AM
  • 3 Replies

i give my son 8 months of every year to prove to me he could listen in school and keep is room clean and his homework done.  no phones calls from the teacher and of that goes while on his birthday which is in nov. i will  buy him whatever he wants.  but it looks likes he dosen't want it.  because this year to me he dosen't want it. so what do i do as mother.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tiffluv81
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Why do you say he doesn't want it? Is he getting in trouble? If not what makes him not worthy for getting whatever he wants.... lol I can remember being 13 and my parents stopped buying me everything. I had to work at summer job programs, or do house work for allowance.. My my how times have changed. lol

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM

If he is not following thru with his part of the deal than you do not follow thru with yours.  If you still reward him for his bad behaviour what motivation is that for him to change it? 

queensweet
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:09 PM
You stick to your guns. Let him know that he will not have any extras meaning no birthday gifts, no Halloween, no Christmas, ........ nothing! I have noticed that boys go through that stubborn stage (my son is 13 also) and you have to be firm and military style with them. Lol. Eventually he will come to his senses.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)