Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

stoopid

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

my dd was very upset last night and told me a girl at school said something mean to her but couldnt remember what. i evenually got her to admit that she didnt want to say the word so i had her spell it for me "stoopid" but before she spelt it she looked around to make sure no one was around to hear it.  i guess they were playing tag at recess and the girl called her stupid.  i knew i would have to have the bully talk with my dd but  didnt think it would happen now.  i know kids are getting meaner ealier but i was naively hopping it wouldnt happen to my dd. 

my dd was just crushed and couldnt stop crying so i had to explain, no one is allowed to call you names or be mean, if they do, tell the teacher and me right away and do not play with that person ever again.  i feel so bad for my dd, she is very sensitive and kind to everyone. but this is life and i have to give her the tools to deal with this emotionally. 

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
brandi_lou
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww poor little girl! Yes kids are friggin mean now days and it makes me so mad! I want so badly to punish every little kid that is ever mean to my precious babies lol But I can't! I know how you feel though, my daughter is very sensitive and a sweet loving and nice girl and she gets her feelings hurt very easily too! It breaks my heart! Its really hard as a parent to teach them how to deal with it themselves, rather than take care of it for them. You did well! Hugs to you!

steviechick
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I wasn't allowed to call my siblings stupid or to say the word shut-up.  My mom hated these words.  It's a good thing, too.  I never used these words when I got mad at friend when I was a little girl.  All we can do when our kids are innocently bullied is to teach them to not accept mean words from anyone.  My DD was shy when she was young.  But, she never came home and told me anyone was bullying her that she couldn't handle herself.  I did teach her to respect others but to never take disrespect from her peers. 

I think you did the right thing.  Bullying has become worse today then it was when I was little.  I think it comes from watching certain shows on tv and from learning this bad behavior from other kids.  If these kids were just taught at an earlier age to respect everyone and keep their anger at bay there wouldn't so many kids acting out. 

Hugs to your little girl. 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor girl, I can relate, my son was being verbally bullied at school last year.  So far, he hasn't said anything about this year, and I hope it doesn't happen again.

MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Im sorry. It all sucks. Dd is getting teased now for being "fat" apparently it's starting younger an younger these days!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg it's ridiculous how much bullying is going on these days and such young children are doing it. It's crazy. It's so important that your child knows she can talk to her parent about anything..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN