Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Please share experiences. I need insight! (Update)

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM
  • 5 Replies
Well, it looks like this is no longer an issue. I got the results of the assessment this weekend. I scored in the top 10, but it wasn't high enough to get the position. So no move in my future.

Ok ladies. I am trying for a promotion at work. If I get it I will have to work in a town 2 hours away from my already 1 hour commute. I planned to stay with my grandmother for a couple of years (basically long enough for my youngest not to need daycare) and my children would stay at home with my parents during my work week and I would drive home (would be keeping my house) to be with them on the weekends. This is the way things are done NOW since I am on swing shift, so the amount of time they are with my parents would not change. This promotion would be the absolute best thing for my family. Currently we have a no contact RO against him that is "permanent". I have sole custody and because of the RO he is not allowed contact or visitation with my DD. I can only take the promotion if this is the arrangement. My mother is concerned that if the youngest's dad finds out that he will try to take me to court, get the RO lifted, and then get physical custody of her even though nothing has changed as far as time/daycare. This would be BAD for that to happen for safety reasons. Safety reasons are also the main reason in trying for the promotion. Have any of you dealt with a situation like this? If so, what was the outcome. I called my attorney, but he won't be in until tomorrow so I'm still waiting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Musiq_Junkie
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM

*BUMP* haven't had to deal with this, but hopefully some1 can help! :)

u can't move to the town u may end up working in?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Cpdsptchgrl
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM
If I did I would just be living there during the work week and coming home on the weekends until my youngest doesn't need daycare. I will be on a night shift (either graves or swings).Unfortunately I own my home instead of renting and houses aren't selling. So I wouldn't be able to afford 2 homes AND daycare for her. My only other option would be to let my house go to forclosure so that I could afford the daycare.

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

*BUMP* haven't had to deal with this, but hopefully some1 can help! :)

u can't move to the town u may end up working in?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM

idk but thats hard. i once had a job a few hours away and my parents had the kids every other sun-wed and sat-wed in between. it was hard on everyone.

Cpdsptchgrl
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Talked to my attorney today. Hopeless doesn't even cover how I feel. Why do I keep trying? I may as well just learn to be happy with my shit life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Bump for update
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN