Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Need Better friends. A vent post.

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:38 PM
  • 33 Replies
Wish I had some better friends. I thought I had good friends but I was very wrong. A few of them have been talking behind my back about me and my situation since I left my ex. One of my other friends told me about all they said. It really hurt my feelings but I guess I have to let it go. Really need new friends that help me instead of hurting me. Also to add to my vent my daughter is still sick and I haven't slept in days. Thanks for listening to my vent .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM
If they were really badmouthing you behind your back, I totally agree you need new friends and I would confront them before telling them to fuck off. If they were really your friends they wouldnt have been dissing you like that, so its no loss.
erinmomofone
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Yeah no loss. It'll be ok they arent my close friends.

Quoting Robsessed98:

If they were really badmouthing you behind your back, I totally agree you need new friends and I would confront them before telling them to fuck off. If they were really your friends they wouldnt have been dissing you like that, so its no loss.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM

It's hard I know.  When I became a single mom, I found out who my true friends are & they're hard to come by.  You're not alone. Hugs.

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM
I lose friends because I was a teen mom and these ones stuck around now for four years but I guess they can't handle me anymore.

Quoting deltathree:

It's hard I know.  When I became a single mom, I found out who my true friends are & they're hard to come by.  You're not alone. Hugs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Quoting erinmomofone:

I lose friends because I was a teen mom and these ones stuck around now for four years but I guess they can't handle me anymore.

Quoting deltathree:

It's hard I know.  When I became a single mom, I found out who my true friends are & they're hard to come by.  You're not alone. Hugs

You deserve better hun.  I don't think they understand what you're going thru as a single mom.

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM
I am sure not.

Quoting deltathree:

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting deltathree:

It's hard I know.  When I became a single mom, I found out who my true friends are & they're hard to come by.  You're not alone. Hugs

You deserve better hun.  I don't think they understand what you're going thru as a single mom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ayacocca
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Aww, here's a big hug!! I need new friends as well... I lost quite a few when I became pregnant, more once I gave birth and my time was more geared/aimed towards my kids. It'll get better; hope your daughter gets well soon. Whats wrong with her?

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Thanks, yeah it's a life of losing friends. She has a virus.

Quoting ayacocca:

Aww, here's a big hug!! I need new friends as well... I lost quite a few when I became pregnant, more once I gave birth and my time was more geared/aimed towards my kids. It'll get better; hope your daughter gets well soon. Whats wrong with her?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM
((hugs)) I am 31 and am just now finding out what a true friend is. She is 70 and wonderful! I am thankful to God for her. Those I thought were my friends were fairweather friends. you will find that loyal friends are hard to come by and that people are in your life for a reason, a season and a time. Try to take something positive for every interaction and relationship. If you want to get to the bottom of the gossip, confront tthese so-called friends with the friend whom brought you the drama in the first place.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Hugs! Divorce and other life changing events tend to show you who your true friends are!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)