Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Need Better friends. A vent post.

Posted by   + Show Post
Wish I had some better friends. I thought I had good friends but I was very wrong. A few of them have been talking behind my back about me and my situation since I left my ex. One of my other friends told me about all they said. It really hurt my feelings but I guess I have to let it go. Really need new friends that help me instead of hurting me. Also to add to my vent my daughter is still sick and I haven't slept in days. Thanks for listening to my vent .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
MommyAJ2921
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Right...cuz in a situation like that I ALWAYS want to have the last word..call me crazy I just do. I'm not giving you the option of stating your case. I'm gonna speak my peace and move on. I'm not interested in how you feel about it.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Sounds good.....don't want to confront them anyway.

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Oh no..don't confront em..just stop dealin with em...and when you run into em and they're all "we haven't talked in ages!" and what not THEN drop that we're not friends anymore bomb and walk away. Been there, done that and TRUST me..it works...leave em standin there stuck on stupid...

Quoting Robsessed98:

If they were really badmouthing you behind your back, I totally agree you need new friends and I would confront them before telling them to fuck off. If they were really your friends they wouldnt have been dissing you like that, so its no loss.

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Ky is laying here crying she's so tired though.

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Awww....if its any consolation mikey (my youngest son) is in his bed alternatin between cryin an howlin like a wolf pup because he's so sleepy. LOL..I'm like JUST GO TO SLEEP ALREADY. LOL...

Quoting erinmomofone:

Thanks I am have asleep but kyleigh is awake still.

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Awwww..Sweetpea...*hugs*...drop the dead weight and move on. I'll be your friend....praying babygirl feels better SOON so you can get some MUCH needed rest. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I just dont want to argue with them....I am the no conflict kind of person.

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Right...cuz in a situation like that I ALWAYS want to have the last word..call me crazy I just do. I'm not giving you the option of stating your case. I'm gonna speak my peace and move on. I'm not interested in how you feel about it.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Oh no..don't confront em..just stop dealin with em...and when you run into em and they're all "we haven't talked in ages!" and what not THEN drop that we're not friends anymore bomb and walk away. Been there, done that and TRUST me..it works...leave em standin there stuck on stupid...

Quoting Robsessed98:

If they were really badmouthing you behind your back, I totally agree you need new friends and I would confront them before telling them to fuck off. If they were really your friends they wouldnt have been dissing you like that, so its no loss.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAJ2921
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Awww....has she had meds or anything?? Mikey gets fussy when he's sleepy or not feeling good..you just have to wait her out..its hard but we're here to help. 

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Awww....if its any consolation mikey (my youngest son) is in his bed alternatin between cryin an howlin like a wolf pup because he's so sleepy. LOL..I'm like JUST GO TO SLEEP ALREADY. LOL...

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Awwww..Sweetpea...*hugs*...drop the dead weight and move on. I'll be your friend....praying babygirl feels better SOON so you can get some MUCH needed rest. 

MommyAJ2921
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

That's fine too...bottom line is a friend who will dog you out behind your back is NO friend at all. 

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Quoting Robsessed98:

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Well we both finally fell asleep last night and slept.

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Awww....has she had meds or anything?? Mikey gets fussy when he's sleepy or not feeling good..you just have to wait her out..its hard but we're here to help. 

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:24 AM
Right!

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

That's fine too...bottom line is a friend who will dog you out behind your back is NO friend at all. 

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Quoting Robsessed98:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

It's hard to be friends with people  when your situation in life all of a sudden changes, people can't help but gosspip, I'm not saying it's right but that is who people are. I lost a lof friends when I announced I would be divorcing my ex and trust me people gossipped and made up reasons for the divorce that were complete lies but what I found was that I didn't want to be friend with woman that did not any longer share the same life I did. I found new friend with women that either where going thruough or had gone through what I did, and other friends that simply knew the new me , divorced, single parent and I feel in much better company now. Don't get upset just move on. I really hope your DD feels better soon !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I moved on I don't need them in my life. She's feeling a tad better. Thanks.

Quoting victoriahearts:

It's hard to be friends with people  when your situation in life all of a sudden changes, people can't help but gosspip, I'm not saying it's right but that is who people are. I lost a lof friends when I announced I would be divorcing my ex and trust me people gossipped and made up reasons for the divorce that were complete lies but what I found was that I didn't want to be friend with woman that did not any longer share the same life I did. I found new friend with women that either where going thruough or had gone through what I did, and other friends that simply knew the new me , divorced, single parent and I feel in much better company now. Don't get upset just move on. I really hope your DD feels better soon !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barblicious
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I hope you get some rest, I know how hard it is when children are sick.

As for those "friends" - well they are young and single - they have no idea what being a single mother is like. They can shit talk you behind your back, but in the end you have to know you are better off without THEIR DRAMA. 

It is hard to find quality friends though, no matter your age or situation. Sad to say, too many women are just competitive and destructive in their friendships. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN