Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

hurt from what I overheard

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM
  • 13 Replies
I live with my,mom. I have a job but since maternity leave I haven't been able to work until I find childcare. My mom says shell watch my dd but when my job calls to see if I can work that day she seems to always have an excuse. My dd father isn't in,the picture. I really have no friends the ones I do have no longer live in this area. And on top,of that my car broke down. The transmission among other things I just recently sold it for 1000 so I have about 3000 saved up.

Flash forward to today.,I have really thick hair and it takes me a LONG time to wash and style my hair. My dd is on,me constantly, will,only sleep on me so it's hard to find any time for,myself. It's been like 2 Weeks since I could wash my hair (I know gross) so I just gave in and put,my baby in her vibrating chair thingy and took a shower and washed my hair. WELL 15mins into dd is hollerin. I wasn't mad at her but irritated at my mom because she heard her but didn't get up. Now my hair is soaking wet and soapy. I went in,living room where my mom was talking on the phone and I got her swing to put in doorway and I overheard my,mom say oh,she's a good mom but just doesn't have the patience z(my baby) didn't ask to be born. My mom is always telling me how I'm a good mom and that I always have a lot of patience. She really hurt my feelings and made me cry : ( my dd was just tired she is sleeping now while I hold her.
Sorry so long just had to vent. And also my phone adds in a lot of unnecessary commas and periods.
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:09 PM
That was rude :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
That's rude. But for your sake and the baby's, she has to learn how to sleep not on you. She may cry but she will learn to sleep on her own. If she cries for a little while it will not hurt her. As long as you check on her and she's not hungry or has a dirty diaper, it's ok to cry. It's hard to do but it is best for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Hugs mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Quoting tyfry7496:

That's rude. But for your sake and the baby's, she has to learn how to sleep not on you. She may cry but she will learn to sleep on her own. If she cries for a little while it will not hurt her. As long as you check on her and she's not hungry or has a dirty diaper, it's ok to cry. It's hard to do but it is best for everyone.

I really want her to at least.take naps on her own. Imust admit I gave up trying but def need to get back on it.
JeremiahMyKing
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:30 AM
My son was like that When he first came home but I swaddled him & for me It makes all The difference I still wrap him up as soon as he falls asleep he usually sleeps longer this way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissetteP
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:31 AM
2weeks? girl your Gona get lice lol....my mom always says shit like this...don't let it bother...I think they get annoyed to (with us living in their home, having no bd in pic and all that) its okay don't take it to heart...our moms still love us:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM

A very big hug !!!! How old is your baby? Have you tried finding day care centers around you that go off your income? This way since you aren't working it should be free and if you don't make too much in 6 months to a 1 year when they review it should be low cost. Sorry  that your mom isn't as supportive as you would like her to be. 

mz23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Quoting victoriahearts:

A very big hug !!!! How old is your baby? Have you tried finding day care centers around you that go off your income? This way since you aren't working it should be free and if you don't make too much in 6 months to a 1 year when they review it should be low cost. Sorry  that your mom isn't as supportive as you would like her to be. 

She will be 4 months on the 18th.Thanks ill look into it. Where did you find them? I applied for early start but she has to go on the waiting list and can take up to a year but hopefully itll be sooner and I find somewhere else to put her in in the meantime.

mz23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Quoting lissetteP:

2weeks? girl your Gona get lice lol....my mom always says shit like this...don't let it bother...I think they get annoyed to (with us living in their home, having no bd in pic and all that) its okay don't take it to heart...our moms still love us:)

Lol I don't think blsck people can get licel; I;'ve never had it before lol. Thanks glad to hear Im not the only one in this situation. And I feel better anyway Im sure just harmeless talk from the mothers lol. Thanks,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN