Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hurt from what I overheard

Posted by   + Show Post
I live with my,mom. I have a job but since maternity leave I haven't been able to work until I find childcare. My mom says shell watch my dd but when my job calls to see if I can work that day she seems to always have an excuse. My dd father isn't in,the picture. I really have no friends the ones I do have no longer live in this area. And on top,of that my car broke down. The transmission among other things I just recently sold it for 1000 so I have about 3000 saved up.

Flash forward to today.,I have really thick hair and it takes me a LONG time to wash and style my hair. My dd is on,me constantly, will,only sleep on me so it's hard to find any time for,myself. It's been like 2 Weeks since I could wash my hair (I know gross) so I just gave in and put,my baby in her vibrating chair thingy and took a shower and washed my hair. WELL 15mins into dd is hollerin. I wasn't mad at her but irritated at my mom because she heard her but didn't get up. Now my hair is soaking wet and soapy. I went in,living room where my mom was talking on the phone and I got her swing to put in doorway and I overheard my,mom say oh,she's a good mom but just doesn't have the patience z(my baby) didn't ask to be born. My mom is always telling me how I'm a good mom and that I always have a lot of patience. She really hurt my feelings and made me cry : ( my dd was just tired she is sleeping now while I hold her.
Sorry so long just had to vent. And also my phone adds in a lot of unnecessary commas and periods.
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Replies (11-13):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM
You gotta be around someone with lice to get lice. They don't magically appear just cause you don't wash your hair.

Quoting mz23:

Quoting lissetteP:

2weeks? girl your Gona get lice lol....my mom always says shit like this...don't let it bother...I think they get annoyed to (with us living in their home, having no bd in pic and all that) its okay don't take it to heart...our moms still love us:)

Lol I don't think blsck people can get licel; I;'ve never had it before lol. Thanks glad to hear Im not the only one in this situation. And I feel better anyway Im sure just harmeless talk from the mothers lol. Thanks,

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3Dani75
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:11 PM

If she is used to being held while sleeping then it is going to take some time to break her from the habit...Not cool of your mother to offer help then deny it when you need it & to make the comments she did, good luck!

m2b8609
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM

can you apply for state paid daycare assistance it shouldnt take long to get on it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)