Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is he playing dumb or is he really this stupid..........

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok went to court the 10th last month for custody and the judge told me and my baby's daddy that we had to have a formal mediation before our court date on Nov 26th. So my lawyer got it scheduled for the 10th of this month. Well yesterday I get a call from him saying what was this mediation about and that he was just hearing about it. I was like was you not listening to the judge that day. He was like yeah. And I know your not just hearing about this cause my lawyer sent me a copy of the letter that she sent you and it was mailed the same day as mine and I know there wouldn't be three weeks difference between recieving mail. At the end of the conversation hes tells me I won't have the 200.00 that is needed to pay the judge. I was like well you have to have it I got my 200.00 for him so what do you want me to do about it.

Then a few hours later I get a text from him. This is how it reads: If I sign my rights over would you let him keep my name and let me see him and help out when I can"

One he knows I want to change Dylan's last name and give him my name instead. Two he doesn't ever show on his assigned days to see him. And three he hasn't helped with Dylan at all except for three packs of diapers and 105.00 in over 9 months. But I am not going to do some side agreement with him I am going to let the court settle this.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like this guy is just an idiot. I don't think he's stupid but he seems to hope that you are to just let him help when he can and get whatever he wants without really helping. Definitely let the court settle this.

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Real smart one you got there lol. Keep that text and give it to your lawyer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:57 PM
You are doing it right. Keep being smart and get cs! Screw him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Make sure you keep all texts and communication records!

Quoting Robsessed98:

Real smart one you got there lol. Keep that text and give it to your lawyer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lurion
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Let the court settle it. States may be different, but where I did it, neither one of you has the legal right to "sign away" the father's paternity. Otherwise every abusive dbag out there would threaten their kids' moms into signing a release. 

Hang in there :) The courts will nail him for his ridiculous behavior. 

Musiq_Junkie
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:29 PM

THIS!!!good luck mommas!

Quoting mamalena137:

Sounds like this guy is just an idiot. I don't think he's stupid but he seems to hope that you are to just let him help when he can and get whatever he wants without really helping. Definitely let the court settle this.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN