Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For the moms who receive child support...

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM
  • 31 Replies
Once your child's father has made a payment, how long does it take you to receive it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:04 PM
He doesnt make the payment, they deduct it from his check and deposit it in my bank account. He gets paid twice a month and it gets in my account 1-2 days after he gets paid unless its a holiday or a weekend and then it takes a few extra days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceLoveZ
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:05 PM
It comes right out of his pay check so...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollymae09
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Well my issue is my sons father doesn't have a job currently so he would actually have to make a payment rather than just getting deducted. He hasn't made any payments yet so idk.... If he goes another month without paying, he loses his license and then he can't get a job... ( he lives in the middle of nowhere )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lydi
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:18 PM

it takes 2 days for the money to reach my account once the payment has been issued

brieri
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:21 PM

It looks like you have already answered your own question.  Good for you.

mollymae09
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Not really. What I'm asking is if he makes a payment, and it's not automatically deducted, how long will it take before I receive it.

Quoting brieri:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:25 PM

First one usually takes a week or two... after that payment is made usually on friday from paycheck I get it either Monday or Weds.... if it's made on Monday/Tuesday I get it Friday.

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have 120lbs to lose in 14 months....Can I do it by changing my diet and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

tyfry7496
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:32 PM
It depends on the state. In Wisconsin, the payer has to send it to the support trust fund and then they send it to the payee. Either to a prepaid debit card or a checking/savings account and it can take a good week.

Quoting mollymae09:

Not really. What I'm asking is if he makes a payment, and it's not automatically deducted, how long will it take before I receive it.

Quoting brieri:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:37 PM
My ex is payroll deducted. He gets paid every Friday. Processes Monday. I get it that Thursday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollymae09
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Thank you! I'm in MN. Idk what all the differences are but at least I had an idea now...

Quoting tyfry7496:

It depends on the state. In Wisconsin, the payer has to send it to the support trust fund and then they send it to the payee. Either to a prepaid debit card or a checking/savings account and it can take a good week.

Quoting mollymae09:

Quoting brieri:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)