Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How long do you think it takes to get over someone

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:36 AM
  • 39 Replies
After a relationship? Like a 1-2 year relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stormystar15
by Jessica on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Just depends. with time it gets easier. its harder to get over if that person is still in your life though. (assuming you had a kid with him and hes there for the child)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ochoa.mama
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:07 AM
1 mom liked this

it takes about a yr to get over someone you truly care about...sometime less depending on you, sometimes more depending how hard it effected you. Its hard enough giving all your time to someone and then come to find out your no longer together....I feel like I wasted alot of time and years on the wrong person...now time is healing....just try not to use other ppl to make you feel better...bad combanation.

DCR1
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Its different for everyone, some never get over a person in particular, yet they they can't deal with being alone so they mistakenly enter a relationship with another, and the poor individual in this rebound relationship is never truly given back what they put into the relationship, its hurtful to both parties, and some go through believingthey are done only to find at first glimpse of the their ex they aren't, but if the relationship is truly over, and if negative reasons were why it ended then usually after the disbelief period, the wounded party goes through a hate then a disgust period, then they realise they could care less about what the offender thinks or feels, the wounded party becomes stronger, gets over the depressive state, makes a couple of physical , usually its either hair or make -up or both, some even diet then you know your done and ready to move on.

iHay
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Anywhere between a day and the rest of your life. No two people will ever be the same in that regard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
There is no set timeline. My ex I was over him before he left the one before him I miss sometimes rarely but still think about him and that ended 5 years ago
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM
This

Quoting DCR1:

Its different for everyone, some never get over a person in particular, yet they they can't deal with being alone so they mistakenly enter a relationship with another, and the poor individual in this rebound relationship is never truly given back what they put into the relationship, its hurtful to both parties, and some go through believingthey are done only to find at first glimpse of the their ex they aren't, but if the relationship is truly over, and if negative reasons were why it ended then usually after the disbelief period, the wounded party goes through a hate then a disgust period, then they realise they could care less about what the offender thinks or feels, the wounded party becomes stronger, gets over the depressive state, makes a couple of physical , usually its either hair or make -up or both, some even diet then you know your done and ready to move on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teenmommy1119
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Depends the person & situation. I was over my ex that I dated for a year & a half a month later, then I dated someone for 3 years (off & on) & I'm still dealing with the pain and I miss him greatly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charlotte1608
by Lottie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM
This. I totally agree.

Quoting DCR1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lmp09
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Everyone is different and I wish I had an exact date and time. My stbexh and myself have been living seperately for over a year. But still slept together until april. We concieved in january and just had our 2nd boy the other day. We haven't been on speaking terms since may and I thought I was over him since he didn't give 2 craps about the pregnancy. But seeing him with our son after I brought him home. Tore me all up once again.
PaperClip811
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Depends on why it ended and you as a person... but generally I'd say give it a few months at least. I was 'over' my relationship with BD before it ended so.. no big deal there... but I wasnt ready to date for a while. I needed to get 'over' a lot of things, not my ex-- just my whole life the years prior.. I took a 3 year hiatus from dating (well.. I went on a few dates, but nothing serious) Then when I was happy with myself, I decided to let someone else in.. The 2nd BF I had, is now my husband :o) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN